Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

Shipping from the mainland?

Old 08-24-2007, 02:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well just as an update. i picked up my car today from matson. nothing wrong with it, just really really dirty. so i guess the height is just what they recommend.

If your still scared about the rules, maybe you can ask them to put pallets on the bottom of your car. This is how they shipped cars at where i was working, and those cars were really slammed, but then again they did not use matson or horizon
Old 08-24-2007, 08:18 AM
Former Moderator

So far mine has gone smooth. It was dropped off without any issues and is schedualed to leave the west Coast on Sunday and arrive here on Sept 3rd. We'll see. My fingers are crossed.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:36 PM

For future reference you guys should check out Pasha Hawaii, www.pashahawaii.com They provide a truly exceptional experience compared to Matson/Horizon and they will also pick-up you vehicle anywhere in the US and ship it to hawaii. Just wanted to help out the next guy.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:40 PM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by MrAsh,Aug 24 2007, 04:36 PM
For future reference you guys should check out Pasha Hawaii, www.pashahawaii.com They provide a truly exceptional experience compared to Matson/Horizon and they will also pick-up you vehicle anywhere in the US and ship it to hawaii. Just wanted to help out the next guy.
Yeah I found out about them a day or two after I paid Horizon. If I had to do it again, I'd ship with Pasha. The only thing Horizon has going for it is that it goes in a container instead of on a roll roll. Pasha will take a vehical with a lot less ground clearance than Horizon too.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:11 PM

Just got my car yesterday. It arrived like it left. No problems with Horizon.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:13 PM

wow. another one comming? cool..the hawaii S-crew is getting larger.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:43 PM
Former Moderator

Well, a bit of an update....

I called Horizon out here today to make sure they were going to be open on Monday since my car was schedualed to be delivered on Monday. They told me my car is still in Tacoma Washington. So I called Tacoma and they said the car wasn't delivered until last Friday so it never made the boat. I told her I have an invoice from the truck that shipped it to them and a quote from Horizon telling me it had been delivered last Tuesday and would be here on the 3rd. She then back tracked and told me it had just been delivered THIS Tuesday and SHOULD go on the boat this Sunday. Now it'll get here on Wednesday the 12th at the earliest. GRRRRR!!

So they're giving me the run around now. I'll ship with Pasha next time.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:50 PM

sure sounds like the runaround
Old 08-31-2007, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Flite,Aug 31 2007, 10:43 AM
Well, a bit of an update....

So they're giving me the run around now. I'll ship with Pasha next time.
I know your pain! We used to bring our cars in on Matson. They were terrible. when we moved to horizon it was much better but they were never able to tell us which cars were coming and when. We use Pasha now and I can log into the system with a VIN as see exactly where our cars are in the process.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:10 PM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by Colin,Aug 31 2007, 05:03 PM
I know your pain! We used to bring our cars in on Matson. They were terrible. when we moved to horizon it was much better but they were never able to tell us which cars were coming and when. We use Pasha now and I can log into the system with a VIN as see exactly where our cars are in the process.
Had I know Pasha even exsisted before I paid for Horizon I would have shipped with them. Now I know for next time. Honestly, I'm more comfortable with a roll roll than a container ship anyway. Horizon seemed very unorganized right from the get-go.

I think I'm more upset that I won't have the car here this week to guage my driveway clearance. If I can lower my car and still get in and out of my driveway I was going to pick up a set of LMs a guy on the mainland is selling. I hope he doesn't sell them before my car gets here.

Quick Reply: Shipping from the mainland?