Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

SCCA Event July 6th, don't miss it!

Old 07-02-2003, 01:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys,

Just wanted to leave a friendly reminder that Solo 2 SCCA is on this upcoming Sunday at HRP. Stephen and I have started to come out for the past couple of months and would like to see more people regardless of what you drive to come out and participate in the event. I've heard that Joey R also came out and ran after lunch during last month's event, right on.

If you need more info, you can email me at Hyper-X@hawaii.rr.com, call me on my cell at 398-7356 or reply to this should you have any questions.

For starters, here's what you'll need to bring and some suggestions as to what to pack.

1. Snell approved (not just DOT approved) helmet. If you don't have one, you'll have to use one of the "community property" ones. Just make sure to check it for UKU's and stuff. (for you non-locals, UKU's mean Body-Louse or Lice)

2. 20 bucks entry fee for 4 recorded runs. If you plan to stick around for the whole day, time permitting, there may be some fun runs where each run costs a buck.

3. Shades, it gets hot out there. Perhaps a hat, sunblock and a cooler with some water bottles.

4. Tire pressure gauge. No you don't need one of those 500 dollar ones, just a pencil one will do fine. Since you'll be driving a lot harder at lower speeds and exposing the car to higher than normal levels of stress, the tires will be affected severely after each run.

5. Gloves. I don't really use one but you could use it to get a firmer grip or just help with the hot steering wheel and gearshift knob. You could use gardening, golf, weight-lifting, mechanic's, lace, or latex/non-latex gloves if you like.

6. Shoes. I know there are some Hawaiians in the group who can heel-toe and drag race barefoot but don't do this at HRP.

7. A camera or camcorder.

You will run in a heat and will be required to work one as well.

Quick Facts:

- A stock S2000 runs in the B-Stock (BS) catagory, and a modified one like Stephen's runs ASP (A-Street Prepared).

- No nitrous is allowed during Solo 2 events.

- An SCCA inspector will go through each car to make sure it's safe and is in the correct race catagory.

- If you come early enough, there will be a walkthru of the course layout.

- You will have fun, knowing that you can drive without fear from the local Five-O.

- Check your engine oil and other fluids and things before going to the track.

- Be prepared to have your butt handed to you (time wise) by cars that are considered several levels lower than the S2000 on the normal open roads.

- Be prepared to run a lot. Some drivers like to hit cones (like me) and you may need to get to the cones and reposition them quickly. Steve, I think you lost like 10 pounds that day just from working Turn #1 eh?

All in all, come out to drive or spectate (the latter is free btw.) I think there's a July 12 event that hosts an open track day with driving instruction and stuff. I won't be there because I don't feel confident that my car is setup for taking that kind of abuse without upgrading my brake pads at the very least. If you do plan on joining that event, I think you need to go to Speedgear and sign up.

Hope to see you guys out there!

Old 07-03-2003, 05:37 PM

ill be out on the 12th, its a fun event. i wont make it to this sundays autox cause ill be bleeding my brakes and getting the car ready to run the following sat.
Old 07-04-2003, 12:53 AM

Originally posted by Silvers808
ill be out on the 12th, its a fun event. i wont make it to this sundays autox cause ill be bleeding my brakes and getting the car ready to run the following sat.
Dude, you've got a whole week to bleed your brakes and prepare for next Saturday. Just come on out.
Old 07-05-2003, 04:24 PM

but i dont wanna wake up early. hahahaha

nah idk im racing at proimport tonight, so ill be at teh tracks late after drinking. we will see.

dont count on it thou ;-)