Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

S2000 Takanezawa Factory closing next summer----Air filter replacement

Old 09-05-2003, 11:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S2000 Takanezawa Factory closing next summer----Air filter replacement

I just heard from one of the hosts of the S2000 factory tour that Greg Stevens organized. His name is Akio Takusari. He said Honda announced that it will close the Takanezawa Factory and move the facility to the Suzuka Factory next summer.

He said that If we want to visit the Takanezawa factory to see the S2000 being assembled, we better hurry. One of his friend's who has worked on the S2000 project from the beginning will move away in October. He thinks he can still help us visit the Takanezawa factory for a tour.

Is anyone interested?

By the way does anyone know what happened to the S2000 that flipped at the race track? Is it in a junk yard somewhere on the island? I'd like to see it.

Ed
Old 09-07-2003, 09:00 AM

I'm interested!! But does that mean we'd have to go before this October? That's too short of notice for me.

As for the flipped S2000, I haven't heard anything of it since the wreck. I wonder if some body shop tried to salvage it.
Old 09-07-2003, 12:30 PM

i have seen the white one that marquis rolled a few months back. it was at a body shop in mapunapuna. it looke pretty bad, but marquis was able to walk away with no major injuries. too bad i don't carry a digital camera with me. i would let the pictures speak for itself.
Old 09-07-2003, 10:11 PM

Steve,

Yes, I think Akio is suggesting that we go by end of October because his friend who works at the factory will be leaving after October. I think Akio was able to arrange the tour through his friend when Greg organized a trip.

Ed