Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

S2000 End of Summer Cruise August 22nd Sunday

Old 08-02-2004, 01:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S2000 End of Summer Cruise August 22nd Sunday

*UPDATE*

WHEN: SUNDAY AUGUST 22nd @ 1130am

WHERE: Moanalua Gardens:
From town: on 78 take the Airport/Puuloa Road off-ramp and slow down quick, the first Left (through the iron gates) comes up fast!

From Ewa: It's a little trickier. on 78 I take the Tripler/Airport off ramp. Stay in the left lane, and turn left at the light. Cross the freeway overpass and take the left at the second light. This will take you downhill slightly, and under the freeway overpass you just drove on. Go straight through the park with the tennis courts and basketball courts untill you hit the gate to Moanalua gardens.

WHO: S2000's & Integra Type R's

ROUTE: Kaneohe, Kailua, Waimanalo, Sandy Beach, Makapuu and on through town to Tantalas.

What to bring: FRS Radios (@circuit city for $15), sunscreen, water, your digi cams and digi camcorders etc, to get all the good footage.

And just like Colin said get all your Zaino done on Saturday so we can see how clean your rides really are!

Here's who we have so far, technichally

-Synergism
-Colin
-Smcurry
-kevsS2
-hawkdog
-808style
-Mice
-swanjack
-03s2kman (maybe)
-Silver808(maybe)
-kawshon(maybe)
-nipponichi(maybe)
-2 ITRs as of now

please confirm

I thought maybe we should have a cruise/meet on the 22nd since we haven't had one in a while and to keep the S2000 community alive and strong here; I noticed its been kind of quiet here lately (including myself). What do you think guys? I've been running into a lot of other s2000's lately and some of them have either heard of the site and some just aren't internet active people. Maybe we could reach out to those and get a lot more of them involved. At the same time, we can keep updated with our cars as well as ourselves better. What do you guys think?

Ralph
Old 08-02-2004, 03:52 PM

Sounds like a plan! Lets work on the details in the next week or so. Stephen, will your work schedule cooperate?
Old 08-02-2004, 03:54 PM

Good idea Ralph. I'm glad someone is taking the initiative to set something up.
If you guys run into S2000 owners and they express interest in meeting up but don't use the internet much, ask them for their phone numbers and we can call them when we plan something. I usually end up calling 10-20 different people in the days leading up to an event to get drivers to come out or just confirm those that have responded in this forum.
This would be much to easy for the girls with S2000's (s2tiny and Mdxgirl)
Old 08-03-2004, 12:21 AM

Colin and Stephen, I'm assuming these dates are good for you guys, hopefully for others as well; should we spread the word already? I'll post a note on some of these unfamaliar s2000's I see parked around, hopefully we get a lot of responses. What kind of ideas do you guys have for the cruise/meet?
Old 08-10-2004, 04:46 PM
tru

what time of the day are you planing to have the cruise?
Old 08-11-2004, 08:53 PM

Tru,

Our cruises are traditionally held during the day, usually around 10ish with some driving and a break for lunch and then more driving (for those who can stay awake). Having said this, I suggest a 10:00 AM meeting at Moanalua Gardens, we'll head toward the windward side and either toward Haleiwa for Shave Ice, or Sandy Beach via Waimanalo. I vote for Shave Ice, but it would be a longer drive.

Tips:

1) Bring FRS radios! Let me say again, Bring FRS radios! It makes thing so much more fun to be able to communicate when we're on the road. It is also critical for times when we get split up or need to issue a sudden change of plans.

2) Bring lots of water and sunscreen! Top down driving around noon can get pretty hot so plan ahead.

3) Bring a camera or better yet a digital video camera! I usually shoot footage of our cruises, but would love the chance to have more camera angles to make a video later.

4) Wash your car! Duh, but everybody is always taking pictures and you wouldn't want to be the only one with a dirty car!

Thats all I can think of, but please chime in if you have more suggestions!
Old 08-13-2004, 05:13 PM

Great ideas Colin. The windward side and Sandy's sounds nice, so does the shave ice too . The last last cruise (Chris') turned out pretty good. I thought 8-9 of us was a pretty good turn out, but I think if each of us pulled 2-3 other s2000's, this could be the biggest one yet (how would i know, I'm new ) I'm recruiting as I speak: Let's get the word out! Strongly recommend picking up FRS radios at circuit city/etc, to add to the coordination and entertainment.

Colin, would this be an open cruise for the lookers and future new comers, or more preferably only an s2000 cruise? I think it would draw a lot of attention, I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing though .
Old 08-13-2004, 06:33 PM

Well our best turnout was ( I think) this one I think we have a long way to go before we break that record. Looks like we have only three so far:

Synergism
Colin
Smcurry

Anyone else?
Old 08-14-2004, 07:12 PM
tru

how long will it last? i dont get off work till 3:30 in the afternoon.
Old 08-15-2004, 11:40 PM

if this is still on, i'd be down to come out and play.

Quick Reply: S2000 End of Summer Cruise August 22nd Sunday