Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

rstark or smcurry...

Old 01-06-2003, 09:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just got my hardtop and need help with the installation. I know Rick said it was kind of an easy job and would take a couple of hours to do the install. The dealer wanted like $400 for install and I would rather do it myself. Anyway, I called Steve and left a message. Rick? Anyone else install a hardtop?

Thanks,
Chris
Old 01-06-2003, 11:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I assume you have the instructions, if not, click here. This weekend and next weekend are out for me. I'm working M-F now, so no more Friday's off either. Do you have all the tools needed to do the install? If you don't get it installed by the week of the 20th, let me know and I may be able to help you the weekend of the 25th.
Old 01-06-2003, 11:33 PM

I will probably just do it myself. It cant be much harder than swapping out headlights and messing with the HIDs.
Thanks anyway.
Old 01-07-2003, 01:46 AM

No tips on installation here, but it should be noted that the dealer will noock up the rear window defroster as a part of their installation charge. This requires a lot in interior panel removal to urn the wires. I think if you could do without that feature, the installation could go MUCH quicker!
Old 01-07-2003, 02:43 AM

I have no experience with hardtops, but I'll help out where I can. I'm off Tuesday (7th). Give me a ring.
Old 01-07-2003, 09:08 AM

I see no sense in putting the rear defroster in the car. Its only a 2 seater. I have never used it to this date so I feel I have no need for it here. So I wont be installing that. I will do that when I get to back to California. Thanks Steve I will call you up after I get off work at 300pm.
Old 01-07-2003, 11:47 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Colin
[B]No tips on installation here, but it should be noted that the dealer will noock up the rear window defroster as a part of their installation charge.
Old 01-07-2003, 12:14 PM

Thanks David.
Why did you take the coin tray out? I am not going to install the defroster. Is that why you had to do that? I am going to take out my seats and all the panels in the back then go from there. I talked with one of the installers at Honda and he said it was a piece of cake and that if we get stuck just to call him on his cell and he can walk us through if we get stuck. How hard was it to put in the locking mechanism?
Old 01-07-2003, 12:34 PM

Originally posted by JDMs2000
Thanks David.
Why did you take the coin tray out? I am not going to install the defroster. Is that why you had to do that? I am going to take out my seats and all the panels in the back then go from there. I talked with one of the installers at Honda and he said it was a piece of cake and that if we get stuck just to call him on his cell and he can walk us through if we get stuck. How hard was it to put in the locking mechanism?
Yeah, the defroster button goes in place of the coin tray on 00/01 s2000s. If you aren't going to put it in, then it's not a problem. The whole install is pretty straight forward and it took me a few hours moving at a relatively slow pace. The side catchers are pretty easy to install. Actually the whole install was pretty easy, it just takes a little time to do it all. You need a center punch and a hammer to bend some metal under one of the panels so that the side catchers will fit properly. It's pretty easy, it just makes a loud noise. :-) You don't really need to take out your seats for anything though unless you are doing other installs, too.

If you just follow the instructions in the link that rick pointed you to, it will get you through it. That's all I used and I did it just fine.

David
Old 01-08-2003, 05:18 AM

Yo Stevie, when you gonna drop by the restaurant playa? When you do, hit me up. Peace dog. Rawbzilla.

Quick Reply: rstark or smcurry...