Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

Rookie cops piss me off

Old 05-08-2003, 11:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have yet to meet one professional PIG out here.... I don't think its a shortage of recruits but more a shortage of things to do.... They are all a bunch of pinche huras with nothing better else to do but cause trouble while trying to make their stupid quotas!!!!!
Old 05-08-2003, 11:16 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hyper-X
[B]
Old 05-08-2003, 11:43 AM

I have absolutely no problem with officers wanting to pull me over to do a random check. As a matter of fact, I got pulled over twice for that already and I appreciate the fact that if my car was stolen, they are out there making sure that the driver's are the legit owners.

If the officer was doing a random check, then I would've had no problem. That's their job and I repect them a lot for that. It's just that IMHO he decided to make up some stuff by taking a situation and blowing it out of proportion. The other thing was his attitude, a total punk... I guess that's how he thought of me, a younger dude in an S2k Honda which equals a punk kid... I don't know.

Imagine sneezing in public and getting tangled up with a police officer with a punka$$ attitude confronting you with a "disturbing the peace" charge. That's what it felt like.
Old 05-08-2003, 03:01 PM

Originally posted by Carlson

I dont understand what seemed to be the problem? At least he didnt give you a ticket, obviously he couldn't. You have to understand that the cop was just doing his job. Sometimes, cops have to pull random cars over (past mid night), to make sure there isnt a drunk driver behind the wheel.
I also don't have a problem with the random pull over. However, I think it is safe to say that Hyper was the only "random" pull over that night for that officer.

A friend of mine got a ticket the first night that he had his S2000. He didn't come to a complete stop before making a right turn on red. It was late at night and there were no other cars on the road, I am sure many of us are guilty of this. I'm pretty sure, if he didn't have a yellow sports car the cop would have left him alone.

Sometimes its just the price you have to pay for driving an S2000
Old 05-08-2003, 11:02 PM

Originally posted by Carlson

I dont understand what seemed to be the problem? At least he didnt give you a ticket, obviously he couldn't. You have to understand that the cop was just doing his job. Sometimes, cops have to pull random cars over (past mid night), to make sure there isnt a drunk driver behind the wheel.
I don't know what the law on the mainland is, but here, they need reasonable cause to pull over someone. A young person driving an open top sports car is not enough. The SUV serving left to right, on the other hand, could be pulled over. Hawaii is very liberal. For example, when they set up DUI road blocks here, they need to notify the public by posting in the paper at least a day in advance.
Now, of course, I'm taking Hyper's point of view on the incident. Perhaps, Hyper didn't think he was making a snap lane change, and the officer did. That's a judgement call, and since I wasn't there, I can't really say it happened one way or another. It does sound like profiling though. If it was one of our more venerable S2k drivers in the same situation (like Francis or Ed, in their 60's or so), they probably wouldn't have gotten pulled over.
What Ben said (1s2k2nv) is true. A lot of officers here are out to bust your balls (particularly the F&F style crowd) and it is tantamount to harassment. Several S2k owners in Hawaii have recently been getting pulled over for having HID headlights (hello... they're STOCK!!)
I'm sure there are many professional and courteous officers out there. It just takes a few to make a bad name for the rest.
Old 05-09-2003, 02:18 AM

After talking it over with a friend of mine (808S2K), he did have an interesting point. Should I have driven a different kind of car, like my mom's IS300, I don't think I would've been pulled over.

I guess this kind of stuff comes with the car, and I was totally ready for the attention both negative and positive. I could be a "salty" kind of person and get aggravated by officers pulling me over even though I haven't violated anything but then that would spoil my driving experience. I've come to accept that officers do that kind of stuff and it's totally natural and I shouldn't get upset over something they are doing for their job, to benefit as much people out there.

My only beef is when they have to resort to making up stuff and try to pin it on me or anyone else for that matter, that pisses me off. I just need to remember to keep my mouth shut in those situations so we can be done with it sooner.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:06 PM

Man I mss Jimmy's posts.....