Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

Results for Autocross at HRP Sept 21

Old 09-23-2003, 10:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by smccurry
Well, the results are up and I didn't win by a long shot. For whatever reason, Mike was classed in EM even though Joey driving the same car was ASP
Old 09-23-2003, 10:56 PM

Mike you're too modest, you spanked the S2K drivers in their car on their track with a car you had never driven.

Old 09-24-2003, 01:38 AM

Originally posted by Mach5-STi
Mike you're too modest, you spanked the S2K drivers in their car on their track with a car you had never driven.
This is true. No comeback for that one. I can only take consolation in the fact that no STi beat me that day (though 1 subi did)

Old 09-24-2003, 01:53 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 18hr
Old 09-24-2003, 02:20 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by smccurry
Old 09-24-2003, 02:44 AM

You guys had an incredible run, no doubt... and I have to admit to being just a little bit jealous. I'm glad you guys didn't run into the problems I did.

As you know, I was the only one with a stock final drive and that track layout was unbelievably difficult to manage. When I took out Stephen's car with the power and gearing advantage, the car had zero problems with power in 2nd gear.

As for normal 4.10 gearing, the course was faster than what 1st gear could manage, but out of VTEC by 1500rpms in 2nd. It's impossible to do a decent run in 1st gear, and equally impossible to run in 2nd for the most parts. A lot of time was lost shifting between gears and I had to HT almost every slalom section at the entries.

That last section before the wooden shack was uphill and exiting the prior slalom in 2nd wouldn't hit VTEC by the time the next slalom appeared. Talk about lugging up that hill, it felt like 10 seconds were lost there. I figured out when to HT at the exits of each slalom going into 1st gear, just so I could power out of it with the most speed. I didn't have to do this with Stephen's car. All that shifting, hard braking and hard throttling upset the weight balance of the car, making things more difficult.

I hope the next month's layout is a little more forgiving, but perhaps the difficulty involved with adapting to that sort of course may help my technique.

It's funny how we all basically drive the same cars but with a few changes to the equipment, it drastically alters how you need to approach the course.

Congrats to all the drivers who beat me this month... all 16 of you, especially to the S2000 drivers (including Mike and Barry). Don't get careless and let a stock S2000 beat ya...

- 'cuz I'm a get ya, oh I'm a get ya! -
Old 09-24-2003, 03:06 AM

Jimmy, I know first hand what you're talking about. If the course was just a little bit slower, I would've been the one out of the powerband. That's why I commented that the course lay-out would determine the winner between us.
In any case, you still took B-stock pretty handily, and in unfavorable conditions to you. Good thing Jayson wasn't on r-compound this month, as the race would've been a lot closer.
Hey, I just realized that all three S2000's won their class!!
Old 09-24-2003, 06:55 AM

Hey, that's right... all 3 S2000's did win their respective classes!

Team S2000 seems to be doing well so far, I just hope we can keep this pace up consistently. You ASP guys are doing great since you have the 2nd fastest class average next to BSP. B-Stock had the fastest stock class average, considering Jayson wasn't on R compounds, and we had a G35 Coupe (novice) running with us.

Way to go guys!

Old 09-24-2003, 10:06 AM

The Subi guys are talking about us and they seem to be questioning our "masculinity"
Old 09-24-2003, 03:26 PM

not your masculinity ............... you guys just like to "swing" lol!

Quick Reply: Results for Autocross at HRP Sept 21