Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

Replacing the stock stereo system.....

Old 01-09-2003, 03:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing the stock stereo system.....

Where is a good place to go to for a new stereo? I'm looking to replace the head unit, speakers, add an amp and get a stealthbox for the back....i live down in waikiki. I am new to this board as well. I've had my S2K for almost 8 months and love it. I have an 02 white/red interior....everything is still stock...but i am tired of the lack of power with the stereo so i'm going to start with that first. Thanks for the help!
Old 01-09-2003, 04:04 PM

Whats up jturbo, are you the guy i saw last night around 2:30 A.M.? I was in the red 02' going into the Sunset. Anyways i don't really know much about stereos, just wanted to say whats up to a neighbor. Have you met Steven yet? Maybe he even lives in the same building as you. Hit us up any time. Aiight peace out. Rob.
Old 01-09-2003, 04:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Turbo welcome to the boards. As for stereo equipment, talk with Ben (ones2k2envy spell?) Anyway he has a 02 blue S2k. His car was in the last carshow for stereo/audio products. I know he went to Mobile Car Audio on Kam Hwy. You can find his screen name under the Hawaii Members. Just give him a pm.
Old 01-09-2003, 10:47 PM

Welcome jturbo! I also live in Waikiki (towards the Diamond head side). Let us know if you're interested in meeting up with some fellow enthusiasts
We have occasional S2000 meets that draw upwards of 14 cars, but in between them we also meet up casually and just chit chat. (<---- I know that's an outdated term...)

Stephen
Old 01-09-2003, 11:58 PM

Cool, a new member to the site! Let me know if you want a Hawaii badge added to your signature.
Old 01-10-2003, 12:05 AM

grrr for some reason, my login was not working....so now i have a new sn...until the other one is fixed....or not! hehe. yes, that was me last night at 2:30 in the morning. I find that it's the best time to drive!! There are very few cars that get in my way and I like it that way.
Old 01-10-2003, 04:09 AM

Werd. Sorry for the looks, i didn't think anyone was in the car. My girl likes white so we stopped to peep it, thats all. You need to drop that shit yo, nevermind the stereo j/k! Peace. Rawbzilla.
Old 01-10-2003, 12:15 PM

jturbo: Do you often come to the rotary at Liluokalani Gardens? Recently, I've seen a white S2k often parked downstairs at my building. The driver looks like a Japanese national though, so it's probably not you (he picks up his girlfriend who lives in the same apartment).

Oh, and forget the drop if you want to stay hassle free in Waikiki. Rob, your car looks really good slammed, but you've got to warn the guy about all the tickets that you've gotten for it
Old 01-11-2003, 09:25 PM

No, i don't even know where the Gardens are...hehe....i don't need tickets either - i've got enough people taking my damn money as it is.....don't need to add the city of honolulu to that list.

Rawbzilla - i wasn't in the car, it was parked on the street that night for a while....

It is very rare that i see and S2K around here...i've seen a few here and there......i figured by me living in waikiki that i'd see them a lot more...oh well. I'm working this weekend so i can't really do anything. But i would definitely like to meet up with some of you....

rstark - yes, i would like a badge for my profile. thanks!
Old 01-12-2003, 01:49 AM

badge added, welcome aboard!

Quick Reply: Replacing the stock stereo system.....