Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

For the record

Old 09-13-2007, 01:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For the record

since we were talking last nite about this, i figure we better clear it up;

clik

$100million in penalties, no constructor points and no TV revenue. and extra scrutiny of the 08 car. sure doesn't pay to cheat
Old 09-13-2007, 02:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"one hundred million dollars!"
Old 09-13-2007, 03:17 PM

Damn that's a LOT of money!!

I haven't kept up w/ F1 since Ayrton Senna passed away, he was my childhood hero. Last year I got to touch one of his McLaren-Honda F1 cars in a museum out in California, it was awesome! As nice as the people were I don't think they would have let me sit in it, didn't look like I'd fit anyway, those things are tiny in person!
Old 09-13-2007, 04:51 PM

that weekend that senna died was a blur, i could never have imagined someone so gifted being lost in a second.

for those who don't know who Senna was

vid
Old 09-13-2007, 05:39 PM

Until the "evidence" is revealed, it is difficult for most of us to know exactly why McLaren is being punished. However, my take based on the current info has me scratching my head

Another teams' disgruntled employee gives you confidential documents. It wasn't as if McLaren solicited the info or paid for it. Its not like the teams don't actively "spy" on eachother? They used to listen to other cars to see how revs they were turning, they copy eachothers wings (McLaren runs 'antlers' and then BMW has them).

I guess we'll have to wait till Friday to see what is revealed.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:15 PM

well the audio info that they started using several years ago are not secret, just not easily analyzed. what mclaren should've done is turn to the governing body as soon as the papers became known and said, "we found these in the possession of an employee. he has been fired for attaining these. we surrender them to you, immediately." unfortunately, a cover-up seems to have been the appraoch.

i wonder what hamilton and alonso told the council...
Old 09-13-2007, 06:33 PM

For Kent and other Senna fans:

[/URL]
Old 09-13-2007, 06:46 PM

i did get to play with the f2003 of MSC at a convention a couple years back. i was too fat to fit in, though
Old 09-13-2007, 06:55 PM

Assuming you're talking about Schumacher, I saw one of his there too, but didn't touch it nor get any good pics of it b/c I'm a Senna fan through and through

This is at the Marconi Museum in Tustin, CA (near Irvine) btw. Wonder if any TOPDOWN guys have been there before, it's in their back yard! Dude made his fortune selling vitamins to Herbalife, go figure.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:31 PM

wow! I'll be looking forward to the full disclosure of the FIA's findings tomorrow. This is a really stiff penalty, but I'm glad they granted the driver's immunity because I would have boycotted the rest of the games otherwise. This has been one of the most exciting seasons in my memory and watching only Kimi and Felipe duke it out for points would have been banal.

Quick Reply: For the record