Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

Recon stickers

Old 08-30-2001, 02:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recon stickers

Does anyone know FOR SURE what kind of mods require/don't require a recon sticker? I want to know what I can do without having to go through this hassle. But eventually, I may have to, so how do you go about getting a recon sticker and how difficult(expensive) is it?
Old 08-30-2001, 03:00 AM

Originally posted by smccurry
Does anyone know FOR SURE what kind of mods require/don't require a recon sticker? I want to know what I can do without having to go through this hassle. But eventually, I may have to, so how do you go about getting a recon sticker and how difficult(expensive) is it?
I know for a fact, that my Neuspeed exhaust does NOT require a recon. I made them give me this in writing. I do know that headers and rims will need a recon. For the headers, you need an affidavite from a local shop stating what you have and that it's street legal. For the rims, you need a front end alingment, and probably an affidavite too. Lowering your car and you will have to go through the same as the rims.

I do know that you DON'T need a recon for one of the big a** wings that you want to get. For that, it will be up to the officer to write you a ticket for obstruction of view!

As for price, I think it's $15 or $25 - exact change needed. If you need to get affidavites, they run around $40 from a local shop. I'll take you past the recon place on our next drive around.
Old 08-30-2001, 03:03 AM

Oh yeah, if you do go through that route, I have an extra aluminum bracket for that as well.
Old 08-30-2001, 03:42 PM

This one saftey inspection shop told me that you can get suspension on a car as long as the license plate is 12" above the ground. Doesn't sound right but that's what the guy told me. I wouldn't chance it. Oh you can get a aftermarket air filter. For rim's on my old car, the recon place gave me a no recon required slip. Was hoping to get a sticker instead though.
Old 08-30-2001, 09:11 PM

Thanks for the replies.
I wonder what criteria a shop goes by to NOT require a recon sticker for rims ˇ . Perhaps if it's the same diameter of the stock rim?
rstark: are you sure headers require a recon? If you installed it yourself, how would an officer even know to check for it?
Old 08-30-2001, 09:14 PM

That's what the people at the recon place told me. I a cop pulled you over, he could very well ask you to open your hood just to be a pri*ck. I'd rather be safe than sorry. Just get the recon.
Old 08-30-2001, 09:28 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rstark
[B]That's what the people at the recon place told me.
Old 08-30-2001, 09:52 PM

Cops can be enthusiasts too. I'm sure a lot of them know what they're looking at. Just keep in mind, they're just like you and me, the only difference is they uphold the law.
Old 08-30-2001, 10:07 PM

Originally posted by rstark
...the only difference is they uphold the law.
hmmm.... not all of them
e
Old 08-30-2001, 11:44 PM

I remember some of the early guys with the cars had cops harassing them for the "illegal" headlights!

Quick Reply: Recon stickers