Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

Reckless Driving Citation

Old 04-10-2012, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha Jon that sucks, I have definitely pulled that u-turn before......such a dumb rule.....
Old 04-12-2012, 06:28 PM

So I gave up on Mcpherson...he hasnt returned any of my 5 calls nor my emails..

Called up Brian Costa a few minutes ago, really cool guy haha. he even laughed and cracked some jokes too. not cheap but really cool guy. gonna meet with him on monday to get all the paperwork out of the way.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:41 AM

That's great. I have total confidence Brian will do a great job to help you out.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:48 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by daves2k808
So I gave up on Mcpherson...he hasnt returned any of my 5 calls nor my emails..

Called up Brian Costa a few minutes ago, really cool guy haha. he even laughed and cracked some jokes too. not cheap but really cool guy. gonna meet with him on monday to get all the paperwork out of the way.
sucks about Pat! i guess he is booked solid.

let us know and keep us updated!
Old 04-16-2012, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by jdms2000f20c
That's great. I have total confidence Brian will do a great job to help you out.
yea, he said odds are he can get it dismissed because the way the cop worded things on the ticket, it sounds like just a basic speeding but since there wasnt any indication of how fast i was going, odds are that'll get dismissed too.

Originally Posted by integlspwr
sucks about Pat! i guess he is booked solid.

let us know and keep us updated!
will do, he finally returned my call but i paid for costa already. i hope things go my way...i gotta remember to keep my mouth shut next time i get pulled over -____-
Old 04-17-2012, 05:00 PM

will do, he finally returned my call but i paid for costa already. i hope things go my way...i gotta remember to keep my mouth shut next time i get pulled over -____-
[/quote]

know your rights man.
5th Ammendment
Old 04-18-2012, 12:15 PM

i know..i said something pretty stupid to the cop but hopefully brian can take care of it. even with what i said, i have a very strong case
Old 04-18-2012, 04:40 PM

Wait what did you say?!
Old 04-18-2012, 04:59 PM

i told the officer "I guess I was just having some fun.." obviously i wasn't thinking..he wrote that i said that on my ticket..

brian said that its gonna hurt me because i said that, but i explained why i said it and he completely understood. any 22 year old driving a sports car would think the same, i was just speaking my mind.
but he said most of the time, the judge doesn't even see the ticket, he'll just see that I have a reckless driving charge against me. it won't be until the trial that the cop can come and say that I said that. but aside from what i said, the way the cop explained the details on the ticket, it sounds like just a basic speeding ticket if anything at all. he had no speed indication and merely stated that i was accelerating quickly which led to him deciding to give me a reckless driving ticket.

I've done some research on my own and found nothing that dictates how fast i may or may not accelerate. so long as im not lighting up the tires from the get go, what i did was not reckless at all. nor was i in a reckless state of mind because as the state defines "recklessness," its something that a normal law-abiding citizen would not have done in the same situation. since that state-given definition is so vague, i should be able to get out of that. reason behind that is, what kind of law abiding citizen am i being compared against? if im being compared to an 80 year old grandpa driving a camry, obviously he wouldnt drive that way. but if you compare me to a 22 year old driving a sports car, then its a much more equal comparison cuz he probably would do the same.

oh and to update everyone, the officer pulled me over for a different incident, involving me accelerating at a high rate of speed on s. beretania, not the incident that i thought he pulled me over for involving the bicyclist. this ones a lot easier to argue trust me.

its such a huge misunderstanding b/c i made that "just having fun" statement in regards to that bicyclist incident but he took that statement and used it for a separate incident that he didnt explain clearly to me at the time..
Old 04-18-2012, 05:59 PM

Lol damn 22 an mocking cops! Well live and learn I hope you get off of your tickets. It I also hope you learn from your mistakes! Hehe

Quick Reply: Reckless Driving Citation