Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

ran another s2000...

Old 05-25-2003, 05:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ran another s2000...

and I couldn't shake him. What's going on?!
Craig's S2k is an '02, but it's stock.
Mine has numerous mods (all bolt-on) and is an '01.

We ran from about 45-110 and I was only ahead about a car length, and I think I got that from the initial jump when we were side by side.

There can be many explanations, and I don't like any of them:

1. The stock performance of both cars are significantly different, and my mods only helped me to close the gap between Craig's '02 and my '01.

2. My mods didn't do squat for my car.

3. (heaven forbid) I don't shift as fast as Craig, and therefore it was driver skill

I'm sure there are other theories. Please feel free to post what you think it was. Wise-asses are welcome, as I need a little humor to lighten the mood

oh yeah, the mods:
Craig: stock, with stereo mods (which adds weight, since he has a 10 inch sub and an amp).
Me: Mugen t-stat, fan switch, rad cap, CAI, header, and ECU.
J's racing N1 exhaust, Hondata insulator gasket
Old 05-25-2003, 11:45 AM

maybe u need to buy an rsx type-s...where you are garunteed lots of horsepower from basic bolt ons. lol j/k. i dunno why you are not pulling on craig. were you rolling top down? and he had his top up? aerodynamics could be a cause. i remember how u didn't pull hard on the h3 that night with your top down. but that ofcourse was because i had the jump and you were still in 4th. i thought i would bring up the top up/down issue because it was not addressed in your possible theories. thats just my 2 cents.
Old 05-25-2003, 11:56 AM

Originally posted by LOT-TECH
maybe u need to buy an rsx type-s...where you are garunteed lots of horsepower from basic bolt ons. lol j/k. i dunno why you are not pulling on craig. were you rolling top down? and he had his top up? aerodynamics could be a cause. i remember how u didn't pull hard on the h3 that night with your top down. but that ofcourse was because i had the jump and you were still in 4th. i thought i would bring up the top up/down issue because it was not addressed in your possible theories. thats just my 2 cents.
I would like to use that one, but we both had our tops down.
Other theories to shoot down: I only had 3 bars on my gas gauge, he was at half tank.
Craig is heavier than me

I think I'll wait til they bring out the rsx type-r
Old 05-25-2003, 12:09 PM

we will all be waiting for the rsx type-r. just like all of the s2k owners waiting for the monte carlo blue and imola orange pearl. that is wierd though that for sure he did weigh more than you and you do have the most motor mods in hawaii that should give you very decent gains that would allow you to pull away from any s2k or rsx in that matter. there is no expaination for it. maybe craig is using a special type of wax that allows for better aerodynamics lol. i don't know what the cause is. maybe weight is better in the s2k to keep the proper balance of the car? i know weight is the devil in any car but i am not sure. jdms2000's weight loss totals are unbelievable after we calculated it the other day.
Old 05-25-2003, 12:15 PM

we will all be waiting for the rsx type-r. just like all of the s2k owners waiting for the monte carlo blue and imola orange pearl. that is wierd though that for sure he did weigh more than you and you do have the most motor mods in hawaii that should give you very decent gains that would allow you to pull away from any s2k or rsx in that matter. there is no expaination for it. maybe craig is using a special type of wax that allows for better aerodynamics lol. i don't know what the cause is. maybe weight is better in the s2k to keep the proper balance of the car? i know weight is the devil in any car but i am not sure. jdms2000's weight loss totals are unbelievable after we calculated it the other day.
time to test my car against Chris' S2k.
spoon air duct, HKS exhaust, spoon seat, no right seat, no spare or tool kit, spoon calipers, spoon wheels. Let's do it!!
Old 05-25-2003, 12:21 PM

chris said over my shoulder to BRING IT ON! he said he will take you and craig on. lol. whenever you are ready. hahahaha
Old 05-25-2003, 12:35 PM

chris said over my shoulder to BRING IT ON! he said he will take you and craig on. lol. whenever you are ready. hahahaha
Well then, I'll name the place. How about H-1 west bound from the Punahou on-ramp, about 4:30 p.m. on a Friday?
Old 05-25-2003, 12:40 PM

can i join in too? i call zipper lane with the 2 big stuffed disney dolls in my car. chris calls left lane because he doesn't have a passenger seat to run in the zipper lane. but i also forgot to mention that he lost more weight now with his new spoon steering wheel. thats anther 3 pounds for you steve.
Old 05-25-2003, 12:43 PM

but i also forgot to mention that he lost more weight now with his new spoon steering wheel. thats anther 3 pounds for you steve.
I took a dump this morning. That's got to be good for at least a pound or two.
Old 05-25-2003, 01:01 PM

I think I remember seeing that '02's consistently dyno higher than previous year's. Maybe it's time to trade it in or get the new 2.2L S2000.

Quick Reply: ran another s2000...