Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

Post your best and worst race (legal or otherwise) with your S.

Old 06-24-2003, 11:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Post your best and worst race (legal or otherwise) with your S.

Worst Race: (illegal)

On the street, I raced my friend's automatic IS300 with I/E from a stop. I rev'd to 4k (this was when I first got my S and had it for exactly 1 week), I bogged at the start and lost big time. The bad part is my bud is a poor winner (kind of like me) so I had to hear it for a week.

Best Race: (illegal)

On the H-1 headed westbound to Campbell Industrial Park, a silver SRT-4 rev'd on me at 60mph (loud BOV). Dropped gear into 3rd which seemed like an eternity, watched the Neon get the jump and caught up and passed it when the revs hit 9k and kept the lead going into 4th before I shut down at 110mph. The guy was cool about it and gave me the thumbs up before taking the Makakilo cut off.

Worst Race: (legal)

June SCCA Solo 2, 2nd time out. I lost traction in all 4 tires and slid out (but still on the track). My friend in his Camry running STS outdid my best times of the day. The car felt incredibly loose and the driver (me) wasn't doing too good. Can't blame my S2k for my crappy driving.

Best Race: (legal)

April SCCA Solo 2, 1st time out. After having some sucky times with 4 runs, I was running in the low 60's then I got totally pissed off during the fun runs, decided to pound the crap out of the car to vent my frustration and broke into the 54 second range and I got better with each consecutive fun run (2 more times) and got a best time of 52.741 seconds. Too bad fun runs don't count and I didn't hit any cones that time. WTF!
Old 06-25-2003, 02:23 AM

Hyper-X,

Regarding your best autox, yeah, somethimes you gotta really flog the car to get the times out of it. With time you'll get the hang of it.

Not that I don't want to re-type everything but here is one on-road experience:
I don't want to race you here

Here is one at HRP

One of the funniest on road incidents was just after we got our first one. My wife was driving and we were just leaving the airport post office and on Nimitz hwy under the freeway heading ewa towards the onramp by the Navy golf course.

We made the turn onto Nimitz and some beat-on Prelude with a fart can exhaust came blazing past us in the middle of the turn! Since we were in a turn as he passed us on the inside (fart can, um...farting) he kicked a whole bunch rocks and gravel on us! What a pisser! Anyway, we catch up with him at the last light before the freeway on ramp and he's revving us! My wife looks at me, I look at her, and say "kick his ass" She proceeds to kick his ass! Through two gears, the Prelude never knew what hit him.
Old 06-27-2003, 01:45 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Colin
[B] She proceeds to kick his ass!
Old 07-01-2003, 06:45 PM

how is the break in going mccurdled? Best race for me was on the 405 south fwy and a lightly moded wrx and lightly moded eclips turbo. They pulled up bov's a puffing and I walked slowly on both of them from 60-110. about a car length on the wrx and about 2 on the eclips.

Worst was a 350 on the way to work, I had him behind me going onto an off ramp, and in the second turn I lost the rear end slid about 100 yards and hit a curb backwards. It was a stock s2000 with crap tires on it, $7500.00 in suspention damage, NOT MY CAR! The 350 waved as he went by

MAtt
Old 07-01-2003, 06:56 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pierceman
[B] NOT MY CAR!
Old 07-01-2003, 08:49 PM

It gets worse, the 350 had dealer plates on it , probably told all his sales force how the 350 can out hadle the s
Old 07-01-2003, 08:54 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pierceman
[B]$7500.00 in suspention damage,
Old 07-01-2003, 11:49 PM

Its bout time you guys gave the nissan_nerds some respect!
Old 07-02-2003, 12:38 AM

Originally posted by darth_2k
nissan_nerds ...
Old 07-02-2003, 03:23 AM

listen to darth_nerd try and defend another kind...shame on you! where is your respect? i know our acuras are in no position to withstand the forces of a 350 but that doesn't mean we have to and join their side. there is no need to give respect to nissan_nerds. LOL!

Quick Reply: Post your best and worst race (legal or otherwise) with your S.