Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

poor dealership service (not honda)

Old 12-16-2008, 09:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default poor dealership service (not honda)

okay guys, let me tell you folks about one of the WORST car buying experiences i had EVER...absolutely the WORST customer service i have experienced at a car dealership....

I wont say the name of the dealership, but I will say they sell Mitsubishis in aiea...

i needed a new safety check on my Z06, so after i got it i decided to stop by the Mitsubishi dealership when I was done, as i'm looking for something with 4 doors...now mind you, i have test driven and bought lots of cars over the past few years, all from different dealerships, and many costing over twice as much as the Evo X MR that i was interested in...

as soon as i get out, i get greeted and everything was fine...i get directed to a salesman, and tell him that i work at noon (it was 1015), so i'd like to cut to the chase and give him my license and insurance card and tell him to run the credit check before we even start talking cars, so we don
Old 12-16-2008, 11:39 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

wow that sux. they still playing hardball with such a serious buyer. oh wells, their lost honestly.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow im surprised you even stayed that long.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by jzz30,Dec 16 2008, 10:40 PM
wow im surprised you even stayed that long.
hi taka...

that seems to pretty much be the consensus on the other message forums i posted this up on...many say they woulda left long before i did...

i wanted to test drive one, but oh well...
Old 12-17-2008, 01:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow, i would be pissed! but you took it very calm and with integrity. you didnt overreact, that is truly a bad experience with a dealer
Old 12-17-2008, 03:07 AM

the way i see it, no sense to throw a hissyfit about it there...

i'll have my hissyfit online on different forums...
Old 12-17-2008, 03:23 AM

that sucks, the last time i went there i was in my friends evo 8 and they had keys to a 9 ready by the time i hit the door....and i wasn't even interested. go figure, their loss. you must have scared them off when you said you don't pay over msrp
Old 12-17-2008, 06:50 AM

Sorry to hear that Jayson, you'd think that they'd refine their approach with the state of the current economy.

Z06 = Credit app #1
license/ins card = Credit app#2
Old 12-17-2008, 11:15 AM

That's terrible service. I recently went down to check out a vehicle from the same family of dealerships...though not exactly a pleasant experience it was no where near what you went through.

One exchange in particular I found quite amusing...when we were negotiating I gave my price then they came back with a counter offer for which I declined then in rapid fire succession he asked if I would consider an amount higher than the one he just quoted me. I was confused and questioned the logic of his strategy...he told me he was just checking to see if I was paying attention. I left soon after.

Just curious does anyone know of someone who has actually purchased a new car in the last two months? I haven't seen any paper plates in our parking garage downtown in some time.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:54 AM

[QUOTE=MoreCowbell,Dec 17 2008, 10:15 AM]Just curious does anyone know of someone who has actually purchased a new car in the last two months?

Quick Reply: poor dealership service (not honda)