Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

OOPS!.... I did it again

Old 10-10-2004, 03:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OOPS!.... I did it again

I finally decided on my autocross wheels, and I'm taking a risk here as I know of no one who is running this set-up in the U.S.
Volk TE37 17X9's All-around! +65 offsets.
Oh well, if I don't try riskier/newer things, I'll never close the gap on the field for FTD at auto-x.
This will give me a significant increase in the amount of rubber all around. Now I've just got to tame the beast and get it set up.
I hope Evolution Autosports gets this order out to me quick so I don't miss too many events and/or keep borrowing Joey's SW388 set-up.

Jimmy, do you think that the Comptech bar is mandatory with this set-up (front 245/45/17, rear 275/40/17)? Or do you think I should run it first and then make the decision to purchase?
Old 10-10-2004, 04:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Good luck man, can't wait to see it
Old 10-10-2004, 08:05 PM

Holy shitzu that's a lot of rubber on a little car! My Mustang, which probably weighs 1000# more than your S2K, runs 255/40-17s and 275/40-17s!!
Old 10-10-2004, 09:08 PM

HOLY @#$! STEVE! (I thought you were going with the CE28N's... staggered?) tru, I guess I was way wrong.

That's a huge risk going with those, especially up front! I'm guessing that you're going to try what Amuse has accomplished with their Touge King car.

I can't say from experience about what to expect, however I truly believe that your need for a very stiff front sway bar is mandatory now, or at the very least, your new suspension will have to be tuned to stiffen up the front with a lot of compression damping... a lot more than the rears.

It's too bad that we missed out on the test-n-tune day, we really need to carefully tune your car's suspension so you can make it count, and control the inevitable looseness in the rear. Panos is running huge tires all around (235's I think) and his car is loose.
Old 10-11-2004, 04:26 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stephen, I don't think you can fit 245s in the front even with that offset. I run a 225 front with a 9" front and +62 offset and that's a tight fit. 275's in the rear might rub as well, unless you roll your rear fenders.
Old 10-11-2004, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by turbo_pwr,Oct 11 2004, 02:26 AM
Stephen, I don't think you can fit 245s in the front even with that offset. I run a 225 front with a 9" front and +62 offset and that's a tight fit. 275's in the rear might rub as well, unless you roll your rear fenders.
Hi Dan.
You may be right on the front, as I don't know if I can get -2
Old 10-11-2004, 05:23 AM

smccurry,

Hey I posted earlier about moving to Hawaii at the beginning of next year. Where do you guys auto-x on Ohau? I will be living in the Waikiki area and I am assuming you use the air force base for events. OR is there an actual track on the island? Thanks man!

b.t.
Old 10-11-2004, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Clean,Oct 11 2004, 03:23 AM
smccurry,

Hey I posted earlier about moving to Hawaii at the beginning of next year. Where do you guys auto-x on Ohau? I will be living in the Waikiki area and I am assuming you use the air force base for events. OR is there an actual track on the island? Thanks man!

b.t.
Hello Mr. Clean
There is an actual track on Oahu, though it is in disrepair. The asphalt is broken and loose, with all kinds of crap on the surface. We would much prefer a large open area like an airbase, but since 9/11 the doors have all shut to the SCCA (I wasn't around at the time. I've been autocrossing for a little over a year now.)
The track is called Hawaii Raceway Park, and is located by Cambell Industrial area (Ewa side, or towards the West side of Oahu).
Unfortunately, there are things to hit at this autocross, and that can get expensive really fast.
I also live in Waikiki at the moment.
Let me know if you have any other questions that I can help you with.
Looking forward to meeting you.
-Stephen
Old 10-11-2004, 11:32 AM

Hey Stephen,

Good luck on your new set up. When is the next autocross event so I can watch you guys in action? Anyway, I am back here in San Francisco but will be back in Oahu by October 24th. It looks like I will be there too on December 18th when the Hot Import Nights will be held at the Blaisdell Convention Center. Any group drives scheduled on the horizon?

By the way, was it you guys who lit up the track at the Campbell Industrial park? That was some fire (15 feet high?). For a minute there, I thought it was one of the refineries ablaze.

Larry
Old 10-11-2004, 11:51 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If those guys say it'll fit then I guess it won't be a problem. I think that's toward the extreme end of the spectrum though. If you have the resources roll them to be on the safe side. It's quick and easy job. I've done over 30 s2000s with no problems using the fenderroller.

Quick Reply: OOPS!.... I did it again