Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

One less NFR

Old 10-31-2005, 05:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default One less NFR

I was hit by a woman in a SUV on Saturday night. I was entering the intersection of Piikoi and Wilder, and she ran the red light coming down Wilder and hit me square on the driver's headlight area. I spun around and after I stopped spinning I double-checked my light and saw that it had just turned yellow...so I know I had the green. I went over to her car and asked if she was alright, and then asked if she knew what light she had. She starts snapping at me saying she had the green light....I was so infuriated.

Deemed a total loss by insurance. (Significant structural damage) What's worse, she doesn't take the blame because none of the witnesses stepped up to report what they saw.

***EDIT***
Well insurance called me back, they're going to give me $21,950 for it. I'm pretty happy with that, considering I payed $18,000 for it. And I'm going to pick up an '02 for 20k, so I'll still be an S2K owner! That makes me happy. And I'll be putting the exhaust and test pipe on my new one.

***EDIT #2***
Well I'm pretty happy because my insurance ruled in favor of me, and there's nothing against me. The woman now is threatening to sue, but insurance told me it probably won't come down to that. That bitch needs to suffer the consequences of her own stupid actions.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:32 PM

I'm so pissed too because I had just gotten tint from Al's Tinting and an alignment not more than 2 weeks ago.....$240 down the drain.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

omg! are you ok? it looks so bad. i dunno what you can do about the accident. the cops didnt come and investigate and do their diagram thingy?

sad....there are hardly any nfrs....

let me know if you need an attorney i can refer you.

someone need to invent something that comes stock in SUVs that if they run a lite or make an emergency lane change the SUV automatically blows up. its would be wonderful.

oh man....i think i may cry
Old 10-31-2005, 05:44 PM

Wow, I'm glad you're ok (but not surprised)! This car amazes me everytime I see one of these accidents. I guess it's your word against hers? I guess it doesn't matter that much since we're a no-fault state.....
Old 10-31-2005, 05:44 PM

main thing is that you're ok. the car looks terrible but at least you're still here.

on another note, no-one stopped to help you? that's the state of our state, i guess.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:52 PM

Yeah, my girlfriend and I were ok. She was shaken up a bit but only for about 10 minutes. Nobody stopped to help us. I thought the cars stopped at the intersection could've offered to be witnesses but they just drove away. I even spoke with a man who said he saw that her light was red, but he split before I could use him. Doesn't surprise me though, when I ate it on my motorcycle at an intersection, the cars just drove by inches away from me while I picked up my bike.

Heather - thanks for the lawyer offer. I'm considering it, if things don't go my way, but I know I'll have an extremely hard time proving anything since it's just my word against hers. I might just have to suck it up.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:01 PM

oh my! im so sorry to hear about that. good thing you and your gf are ok though. hope everything works out for you...

sucks how everyone dug out.. there's no traffic camera or anything like that??
Old 10-31-2005, 06:09 PM

yikes.....owiee...we aLL know how you feel. atleast you and your gf are okay. that's messed up the lady wouldn't fess up.

like sinfuL said, SUVS should automatically blow up. there's something about getting behind the wheel of an SUV or worse yet, a mini van, it makes people stupid.

sorry about your car, we saw two new NFR's come off the barge last week. perhaps one of them has your name on it.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:16 PM

Haha believe me I'm looking around but can't find any S2k's under $20k. I can find a bunch on the mainland tho....kinda scared to go that route tho....
Old 10-31-2005, 06:16 PM

sorry to hear about your car, at least you're ok...

Quick Reply: One less NFR