Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

THE OFFICIAL MMA THREAD

Old 04-11-2011, 10:17 PM
Community Organizer

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

hendo said he'd take the fight at any weight class. should be some good stand up
Old 04-12-2011, 12:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i like the part where he was asked if he wanted to fight at lhw or catch weight and he straight up said "no ill take him at heavy weight" beast!
Old 04-12-2011, 11:44 PM

leben signed his contract and is ready for wanderlei! hopefully this time wanderlei doesn't pull out so I can fly to vegas and watch the fights!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=j4Gfa4jVk_U
Old 04-13-2011, 12:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to love to watch Wanderlei fight before. He's another fighter that I feel is washed up. Not that I'm much of a Leben fan but I think he's got a shot unfortunately. The moment I knew Wanderlei wasn't the same fighter is when he walked into the cage and smiled. You never seen him smile before. He doesnt have that kill mentality anymore and got soft. I think Leben has just enough chin to handle a now-weaker Wanderlei. Plus when Wanderlei slugs it out, there's very liitle movement with his body and head facing directly against his opponent. This will leave him open to counterstrikes (especially inside strikes) with another slugger which Leben will not be afraid to engage with. Either way there should be some action in this slugfest hopefully.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:51 AM

^ I know what you mean. gotta bring back the wanderlei from pride!! I feel that after all the punishment that he took over the years finally caught up with him. I still think hes one of the baddest guys out there though! great humble person too who fights for the fans
Old 04-13-2011, 12:59 AM

Yeah, he's actually a cool person outside the ring/cage. But when he was in Pride, once he focused on a fight, he became an animal! If you see him smile before getting the ring, that's a sign of his loss. Kinda like how you can tell if BJ is gonna win... by looking at his eyes and see if he's got that "I'm gonna lick dis fockah" mentality. Wanderlei will always be a legend and one of the all time great ones in MMA.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:08 AM

LOL so true! I knew penn was gonna lose to edgar when he walked out. he was just TOO calm and wasn't slapping himself in the face and stuff. I picked hughes to win over penn but right when I seen penn coming out all nuts I changed my mind lol
Old 04-13-2011, 01:22 AM

Haha, I know exactly what you mean. I seen the same things.

I'm just sad to see a lot of the great fighters from over-seas not being the same fighters. One of my all time favorites: Norifumi "Kid" Yamamoto lost his fire and became a nobody in the sport. That was a huge disappointment for me. And what happened to Gomi? I think adapting to the cage as opposed to the ring made it difficult for a lot of these fighters especially since most fighters nowadays are strong wrestlers. Think of someone like Randy Couture. He utilizes the cage to his advantage with his dirty wrestling but you put him in a ring and he's a sitting duck. You can see how uncomfortable a lot of these fighters are when up against the cage against a wrestler.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:31 AM
Community Organizer

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

as with most fighters, father time is not kind. wandy is past his prime and has had too many concussions.
kid hasn't been the same after he hurt his knee. he's gone 1-3 since. he will be fighting @ ufc 130. get that fire back!
gomi will get back. ironic since his recent UFC losses are all via submission (just like a majority of his other losses). he's not scheduled to fight though.

father time does not apply to randy. i remember watching that sports science show. they said he has a body of a mid 30 year old
Old 04-14-2011, 07:58 AM

ya kid is not the same anymore.. I was really excited to see gomi fight in the UFC against kenflo but it was a lil disappointing.. he made up for it by knocking out tyson griffin

randy is a freak! the person he is and the work he puts in. I don't think anyone can dislike him. real example that age is just a number

vitor not so happy that hes not fighting wandy anymore

http://www.mmashareforums.com/seriou...le-t39225.html