Yagin
Old 09-21-2011, 11:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

vitor out against cung le. wandy steps in

http://www.mmashareforums.com/seriou...ei-t46031.html
Old 09-21-2011, 11:27 AM
Community Organizer

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

just read about that. interesting. hope wandy doesn't get ko'd again.

hendo back... vs shogun! http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/69...s-mauricio-rua
Old 09-21-2011, 11:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bouford
my picks for sat:

Rampage
Hughes
Browne
Gomi
Rothwell
Ring
Ferguso
Mizugaki
Romero
Yagin
Wow, Rampage over Jones? I think Jones will walk through Quinton. If it was the old Rampage, then maybe a different story.

I hope Gomi takes it as he should but watching his recent fights has got me thinking that the Fireball is nothing more than a shooting spark right now. Hehe. It's too bad, I like Gomi!

If Rothwell was a good submission fighter then he'd have a good shot but he's really not. He could try to slip in a Kimura which Hunt hates. That is if he doesn't get knocked out first by the heavy hands of Hunt. This will be a good slugfest but Hunt has an amazing chin (his only K.O. loss to a smaller Melvin Manhoef was unbelievable kinda like a fluke) I think Hunt will walk away with this one. Either way, these two will be walking out of the cage in some pain!
Old 09-21-2011, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by calvin2k
vitor out against cung le. wandy steps in

http://www.mmashareforums.com/seriou...ei-t46031.html
Lucky for Cung Le! I think Belfort would've sent him to the mat quickly.

And why is Wanderlei still fighting? He could've retired as a Legend!!! I really feel sorry for the guy. He's like that character in a movie where if he takes one more blow, it's very likely he would die or suffer major brain damage!!! And I'm not talking about one of those Come-back movies because you know that's not gonna happen.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:06 PM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by Spanky
Originally Posted by bouford' timestamp='1316631634' post='20992460
my picks for sat:

Rampage
Hughes
Browne
Gomi
Rothwell
Ring
Ferguson
Mizugaki
Romero
Yagin
Wow, Rampage over Jones? I think Jones will walk through Quinton. If it was the old Rampage, then maybe a different story.

I hope Gomi takes it as he should but watching his recent fights has got me thinking that the Fireball is nothing more than a shooting spark right now. Hehe. It's too bad, I like Gomi!

If Rothwell was a good submission fighter then he'd have a good shot but he's really not. He could try to slip in a Kimura which Hunt hates. That is if he doesn't get knocked out first by the heavy hands of Hunt. This will be a good slugfest but Hunt has an amazing chin (his only K.O. loss to a smaller Melvin Manhoef was unbelievable kinda like a fluke) I think Hunt will walk away with this one. Either way, these two will be walking out of the cage in some pain!
watched the countdown on spike last nite and rampage has me believing
not to mention all technology he's using at the muscle pharm facility. he definitely has a puncher's chance

i hope gomi brings back the fire. he really needs this win.

rothwell hasn't fought in a over a year so i'm thinking he'll come in very hungry. not like there is a shortage of heavyweights in the ufc
Old 09-21-2011, 01:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow hendo vs. shogun?! thats gonna be crazy!

My picks for sat.

Jones
Koscheck
Browne
Gomi
Rothwell
Ferguson
Boetsch

Originally Posted by Spanky
Originally Posted by calvin2k' timestamp='1316632780' post='20992530
vitor out against cung le. wandy steps in http://www.mmashareforums.com/seriou...ei-t46031.html
Lucky for Cung Le! I think Belfort would've sent him to the mat quickly. And why is Wanderlei still fighting? He could've retired as a Legend!!! I really feel sorry for the guy. He's like that character in a movie where if he takes one more blow, it's very likely he would die or suffer major brain damage!!! And I'm not talking about one of those Come-back movies because you know that's not gonna happen.
Yup, Belfort wouldve been more of a exciting fight but i'm a big fan of both belfort and silva so its a win-win. Hopefully wandy will come in with a solid game plan and fights smart. Although he likes to put on a show. Don't wanna see him get KO'd again. Hopefully it will be his last fight if he loses and can retire as a great legend of the sport.

Originally Posted by bouford
Originally Posted by Spanky' timestamp='1316634009' post='20992605
[quote name='bouford' timestamp='1316631634' post='20992460']my picks for sat:RampageHughesBrowneGomiRothwellRingFergusonMiz ugakiRomeroYagin
Wow, Rampage over Jones? I think Jones will walk through Quinton. If it was the old Rampage, then maybe a different story.I hope Gomi takes it as he should but watching his recent fights has got me thinking that the Fireball is nothing more than a shooting spark right now. Hehe. It's too bad, I like Gomi!If Rothwell was a good submission fighter then he'd have a good shot but he's really not. He could try to slip in a Kimura which Hunt hates. That is if he doesn't get knocked out first by the heavy hands of Hunt. This will be a good slugfest but Hunt has an amazing chin (his only K.O. loss to a smaller Melvin Manhoef was unbelievable kinda like a fluke) I think Hunt will walk away with this one. Either way, these two will be walking out of the cage in some pain!
watched the countdown on spike last nite and rampage has me believing not to mention all technology he's using at the muscle pharm facility. he definitely has a puncher's chance i hope gomi brings back the fire. he really needs this win.rothwell hasn't fought in a over a year so i'm thinking he'll come in very hungry. not like there is a shortage of heavyweights in the ufc
[/quote]

I think Rampage improved so much since pride. Hes not as reckless as before but he takes his training very seriously now and I think he has a shot at beating Jones.. esp. if he pushes the pace and lands one of those heavy shots! Then again.. Jones is a freak! I would love to see Rampage win but he can't just do it with his boxing.. Imma have to say Jones takes it. I really hope Gomi wins too just because I dislike the diaz brothers so much. They both need a win or theyre cut 8<
Old 09-21-2011, 06:40 PM

With Rampage and Wanderlei, they relied so much on the power and rage they had from the steroids they were taking back then. Not to mention the intimidation factor they had before is now gone. I agree you can't count out Quinton just yet and his experience might be his winning ticket. Jones on the other hand is fresher, faster, and has good reach with his arsenal of strikes. He'll have to watch out for the counter strikes and haymakers though.

I was a big Wanderlei fan too. But he loss his power and rage and leaves himself wide open when he's on attack. He doesn't have that chin and quick recovery like he use to. Cung Le just need to focus on counter attacks with good timing. But I can still see Wandy taking it too since Cung's chin isn't that solid either. Catch him and don't stop the attack when he's got him on edge!!! Btw, did you see how skinny Wanderlei got?!?!
Old 09-22-2011, 01:11 AM
Community Organizer

^crazy how his muscle mass has disappeared.

what an awesome TUF premiere today. gonna be some crazy fights this season!