Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

THE OFFICIAL MMA THREAD

Old 04-30-2011, 10:54 PM
Community Organizer

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

impressive gsp was able to win with one eye. wifey thinks he has a scratched cornea. hope he's ok.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I stopped wanting to watch any of GSP's fights since the middle of his career. It's just, for the longest time, he has a hard time finishing his fights. When I watch fights, I don't like to see it constantly going to a decision unless they're giving it all they got and it's a close one. Sure he wins his fights and strategically he plays it safe at times, but I want to see.... well.... a FIGHT! When he was starting up, he would go in and get the job done and showed what he was capable of (The beginning days in UFC with his teammate David Louiseau) Since then, I found GSP a less interesting fighter.

Kinda glad Shield's lost which might give Diaz a shot against GSP. But then again, that could be boring as well and I could see Diaz getting frustrated in that fight. At least Diaz isn't afraid to Bang with his opponents. I have much more respect for Diaz as a fighter over GSP even though Diaz is a Dick!
Old 05-01-2011, 01:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

some ppl need to understand that this is an MMA fight. not boxing or K1. I mean ya some of GSP's fight may seem boring but the guy is smart. He sees it as when he fights someone. He has everything to lose, and he already lost the title once cuz he didnt take it serious the way he should and counted serra out as an underdog and he got knocked. It's not like he doesn't try to finish his fights. He hit shields with some pretty big shots but the guy has a good chin. If Hendo couldn't drop him with his big right, I don't think gsp could do it.. and he avoided taking it to the ground cuz shields is a master off his back. not smart to take the fight somewhere where the other guy is good at. also there wasn't much he could do with one eye. you can ask kos that
Old 05-01-2011, 04:23 PM

I agree that GSP is a smart fighter, in fact he's one of the most strategic fighter in the league but I just feel he plays it safe a little too much and I'm not just talking about this fight with Shields. There's many fights where he has completely dominated his opponents and just about finished but he doesn't commit and let's his opponent regain composure when it should've ended. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a GSP hater. I have a lot of respect for him for what he has accomplished in his career. His dedication to this sport is unbelievable! I followed him in the beginning of his career and had a feeling he was gonna be somebody someday. But seeing him being too cautious gets frustrating to watch.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:41 PM

^ I know what you mean. that comment I made was for ppl who don't understand MMA. I have friends and know ppl who are new to MMA and they just want to see toe-to-toe fights. funny cuz they think that the fights that GSP are in are so boring and he doesn't do anything but they don't understand that it's MMA. not boxing or kickboxing. yet they continue to cheer for him but bitch about his performance after. I feel bad for GSP after yesterday's fight. He came in and did everything he could and gets boo'd by his countrymen..
Old 05-09-2011, 04:32 PM

wow both edgar and maynard are out of UFC 130.. good thing we didn't book our tickets for this card. esp. after wandy pulled out -_-

http://www.mmashareforums.com/seriou...30-t40389.html
Old 05-09-2011, 06:04 PM

After Anderson and Machida won their fights with front kicks, I wonder if other fighters will catch on to it. Front kicks never occurred to me being that effective but I always have said most fighter's open spot is right down the middle. When you have an accurate striker like those 2, coming straight in is key with stationary fighters but I normally think of uppercuts and knees being the strike only that those are short distance strikes. Most fighters in MMA have too much muscular mass which is difficult for fighters to keep their elbows tucked in and most don't bob-and-weave. If you look at most pro boxers, they guard their heads and body a lot more effectively. If you watch BJ Penn, his most effective strike is when he jabs followed by a reaching uppercut (he has good range with his uppercuts) and with his heavy hands, he hurts his opponents. When you see fighters doing front kicks or spinning roundhouse kicks to the mid section, most of the time it's landed. For some reason, I never thought of front kicks to the face! =) But I guess aiming for the head is much smaller target than going for the body, hehehe.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:45 PM

posted this before about the front kick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaVDFW_o1cA

oh Calvin..Lisa Kim Fleming is a goddess haha, i was gonna use a pic of her as my avatar too in the past but i didn't think the other mods would've liked it haha
Old 05-09-2011, 09:20 PM
Community Organizer

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

that sucks! they should make the event free on spike
Old 05-10-2011, 12:22 AM

Haha, it's actually nice to see someone put Anderson Silva in some pain and toss him around! =) Damn, if he's training in Aikido, that's gonna mean even more trouble to his opponents, as if he doesn't dominate already with the skills that he has now! Muay Thai, Boxing, BJJ, Judo, Capoeira, and now Aikido? That's fricken insane!