Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

Official "I'm Thinking About Doing AutoX Thread"

Old 10-30-2008, 12:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=kent-k,Oct 30 2008, 09:39 AM] ok wait. the CR parts will fit on Kuso's AP2, correct? they are a dealer installed accessory, as far as i know. but here's two excerpts from Honda's website concerning the s2000CR. and you can get these SAME aero parts installed at your Honda dealer. i wonder if these parts would give her an advantage? Should they be allowed?

[B][I]Performance
A purist
Old 10-30-2008, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by istdercollen,Oct 30 2008, 08:02 AM
you should talk to nosyajg on FH. I believe he works tech at the races. His direct quote to me was,"Go treat yourself to a chocolate frosty at Wendy's. Hardtops are legal, that's why no one cares."

That was put out to me over a month ago, so that's why I still roll the hardtop. Not because I just felt like it. (Not on the defensive, just giving the backstory) As for the other stuff.. there are huge holes underneath the side strakes, so they are staying on. The rear 'spoiler' on a AP1 does nothing and everyone knows that, including mainland racers. Besides not being dealer installed items, the SCCA rules also state that any part that is purely cosmetic, thus providing no performance gain, is allowed in AS. That rule can be read many ways.. and I guess that's why there are so many arguments. Sorry for the troubles. anyways. please reserve this thread to questions about autocross. anyone can PM me if it is important.
Dealer installed accessories are not allowed in stock class. End of story.

Also you don't seem to understand Jason's comment. No one ever cares about legality, if you're not going fast enough to affect their results.

You clearly don't understand how autocross works with regard to rules. People have been protested out of stock class for aftermarket shift knobs. If it's not specifically allowed, it's illegal. Heck one could bolt lead plates onto his roof and that would be illegal.
Old 10-30-2008, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Reid,Oct 30 2008, 10:05 AM
To use any CR parts, all of the CR parts must be used, so the soft top has to be removed. One cannot pick and choose which parts are used.
was gonna say the same thing. total cost is somewhere in the neighborhood of 16,000 dollars.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my point was, that those aero parts are dealer installed items that you can buy for any AP2. what's the difference between the CR aero parts (which Honda claims greatly improves the aerodynamics) and the standard aero parts (which you claim has no benefit) for the AP2?
Old 10-30-2008, 04:28 PM

i dunno the difference in terms of how the SCCA views it. CR has a 'functional' wing and I guess the blocky front bumper set up does something. It's been ran through a few times on this website, and they ruled that if you change every part over to CR stuff you are good to go. As far as AP1 goes, you can install the Japanese optional wheel (the only one out there with same offset, size and width as OEM) and stay in AS. so I got those. The real travesty in AS or any "stock" class is that you can run R-Compound tires though. Who drives with R-Comps on the street? those are probably worth more time than any other single mod, yet they allow it.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:32 PM

mike ward runs pilot sport cups as his everyday, rain or shine tire.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:05 PM

those are pretty crazy tires, but you can go so far as to run Hoosier Slicks, etc in Stock class. as long as they are "D.O.T." approved. I think Sport Cups are the last step before moving to dedeicated race tires though.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no he runs the sport cups as his every day tire on the street and slicks on the track.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:20 PM

So r compound tires and aftermarket shocks are stock class legal but dealer installed side strakes arent? Interesting. Seems like something needs to be revised just like recon rules.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:18 PM

[QUOTE=istdercollen,Oct 30 2008, 08:02 AM] you should talk to nosyajg on FH.

Quick Reply: Official "I'm Thinking About Doing AutoX Thread"