Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

Official "I'm Thinking About Doing AutoX Thread"

Old 10-30-2008, 03:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My my...this has turned rather heated a bit....and i'm usually just the lurker on here....anyways see you at autocross Collen.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by istdercollen,Oct 30 2008, 12:35 AM
because I never bet money I don't have. It's pretty simple. I don't have 2K to put up. Like I said, no one cares about the hardtop. You said yourself it wouldn't make a difference. How about we keep the status quo. I'll keep my top on showing up to autox on Sundays and you can keep travelling the world taking care of stuff that's "worth your time". I still don't think the way I worded my original sentence was any harsher than a friendly jab. I don't know you so don't expect me to know how serious everything is to you. Back to topic. I won't respond to your posts in here any longer. Drop it or pm me.
I just said that rules should be followed, as they are in place for a reason. That's all. Then you started spouting off about how you can beat me with or without the hardtop.

Again, please don't get me wrong, I'm not the greatest driver by any means. However, that doesn't change the fact that I will always be willing to compete when challenged in an arena that involves driving.

In the end, if you don't know me, then you should have never made comments about beating me.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:40 AM

LOL. Reid i got a question about your 335. check pm
Old 10-30-2008, 07:45 AM

Wouldn't a hardtop be extra weight and if anything hurt performance???
Old 10-30-2008, 08:29 AM

does it matter? gotta follow the rules. i remember the rules stating that even if you bought the car from your dealer with the hardtop, chin spoiler, side strakes, rear trunk spoiler, you'd be DQ'd. those are DEALER installed items, not factory options, so they're out. Collen's got an AFTERMARKET hardtop, why should that be allowed if the OEM ones aren't

not arguing the aspects of it's benefits, just adhering to the rules. Hawaii's stewards might be lax, but many have been scrutinized on the CONUS
Old 10-30-2008, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by kent-k,Oct 30 2008, 06:29 AM
does it matter? gotta follow the rules. i remember the rules stating that even if you bought the car from your dealer with the hardtop, chin spoiler, side strakes, rear trunk spoiler, you'd be DQ'd. those are DEALER installed items, not factory options, so they're out. Collen's got an AFTERMARKET hardtop, why should that be allowed if the OEM ones aren't

not arguing the aspects of it's benefits, just adhering to the rules. Hawaii's stewards might be lax, but many have been scrutinized on the CONUS
you should talk to nosyajg on FH. I believe he works tech at the races. His direct quote to me was,"Go treat yourself to a chocolate frosty at Wendy's. Hardtops are legal, that's why no one cares."

That was put out to me over a month ago, so that's why I still roll the hardtop. Not because I just felt like it. (Not on the defensive, just giving the backstory) As for the other stuff.. there are huge holes underneath the side strakes, so they are staying on. The rear 'spoiler' on a AP1 does nothing and everyone knows that, including mainland racers. Besides not being dealer installed items, the SCCA rules also state that any part that is purely cosmetic, thus providing no performance gain, is allowed in AS. That rule can be read many ways.. and I guess that's why there are so many arguments. Sorry for the troubles. anyways. please reserve this thread to questions about autocross. anyone can PM me if it is important.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:41 AM

from the old rulebook:

12.4 Standard Part
An item of standard or optional equipment that could have been ordered with the car, installed on the factory production line, and delivered through a dealer in the United States. Dealer-installed options or deletions, except as required by factory directives, no matter how common or what their origin, are not included in this definition. This definition does not allow the updating or backdating of parts

this is a big gray area of the rules. everyone knows that protesting the OEM, DEALER installed options is a weenie protest. but if it were protested, you would likely loose. especially since it's not even a Honda part.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:43 AM

BTW, what class does the CR fall into?
Old 10-30-2008, 11:26 AM

cr is astock if left untouched. From there it's up to the mode you add.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:39 AM

ok wait. the CR parts will fit on Kuso's AP2, correct? they are a dealer installed accessory, as far as i know. but here's two excerpts from Honda's website concerning the s2000CR. and you can get these SAME aero parts installed at your Honda dealer. i wonder if these parts would give her an advantage? Should they be allowed?

[B][I]Performance
A purist

Quick Reply: Official "I'm Thinking About Doing AutoX Thread"