Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

Oct 3 Autocross

Old 09-27-2004, 05:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oct 3 Autocross

Who's going this Sunday? I'm planning on being there.
Old 09-27-2004, 06:02 PM

i am, but will be in the M3...

and i thought more s2k guys were gonna be at the test and tune...i was the only one representin'
Old 09-27-2004, 06:33 PM

Unfortunately we had nothing to test and tune! We really could have used that earlier this year like it was originally planned.
Old 09-27-2004, 08:05 PM

I agree with Colin. The timing of the test and tune was not appropriate for some of us. If they kept it to the original schedule/timeframe, it would've proved much more useful. For me, there's not much to tune, but there's always room for testing but with no gear to measure and record data (like a Geez Cube), there's really no point since I won't be using anything different anytime soon. Tuning at the seat of my pants isn't the best way to do tuning IMO, as it does tuning air-fuel ratios by sniffing the exhaust pipe.

I'm in for the next event. The car's better balanced now and the motor's running stronger than ever. Thanks Steve for your feedback regarding my car, it was fun to be able to drive your car again... damn I wish I could go with gears without getting bumped out of ASP. The Teins felt nice actually, not as harsh as I had originally thought.

As far as the test and tune representation, thanks Jayson. So, how did the car feel in comparison to your M3?
Old 09-28-2004, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by Hyper-X,Sep 27 2004, 06:05 PM
As far as the test and tune representation, thanks Jayson. So, how did the car feel in comparison to your M3?
i didnt drive it...i had to go to work that night, so i just was there for half the day, just to help out...if i woulda gotten that day off like i requested, i woulda drove it...

and i know the handling would've been off, as the previous owner had a mismatched set of tires on it- SO2s on the front and T1's on the rear...i was gonna replace them, but each set still has lots of tread left...in fact, the rears look pretty new, and the fronts about 25% worn...so i'll just burn these up then get a matched set of tires, and THEN push it...

jenn drove it though...she never got into vtec ...she said it was too twitchy and wanted to oversteer- which i attribute to the mismatched tires...
Old 09-28-2004, 04:04 AM
tru

what size are the t1s? i might be interesd if you wanna sell them
Old 09-29-2004, 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by tru,Sep 28 2004, 02:04 AM
what size are the t1s? i might be interesd if you wanna sell them
they're 235s...but in 16"...dont you have 17s???

and i probably will just leave it like this for now, since s02's are discontinued, i'd still have a mismatched set anyway...i could buy new fronts, but i dont really care for the toyos, as they dont stick too good...

so will just try and burn these up so i can get me some better rubber...
Old 09-29-2004, 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by nosyajg,Sep 29 2004, 12:14 AM
S02's are discontinued
The non-Honda S02's are discontinued, the Honda OEM S02's are still available. The widths of the tires are different.
Old 09-29-2004, 11:56 AM

i didnt know that...
Old 10-03-2004, 11:50 PM

Wow! What a weird day for autocross. I just couldn't get used to the Spoon wheel/Hoosier set up (until the fun runs). Great job, Jimmy, in beating me today (you bastard). Mike Friedman showed me how to drive my car today, and finished ahead of me (by a large margin) and tied Jason Tokunaga in the Miata to share the title of No.1 in SM2.
It was good seeing Mark again (Dr.M), and Mike (hawkdog). We've got a new member that showed up today in his Suzuka Blue (Wendell) and we hope he will be out again at the next autocross.
Mr. Guzman also brought his s2k, though he only ran it in fun runs. Buy my stock wheels and some Kumho's and run the suckah!!

Even Pat Olsen struggled today and finished 7th
Andy Barnes owned all, and finished with a time in the low 57's!!

Well, that was fun. Now what should I run for wheels for the next autocross?

Quick Reply: Oct 3 Autocross