Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

newby in da house

Old 09-09-2003, 12:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newby in da house

Wassup everyone I just got a 2002 S2K in mello yello. Lookin' to start moddin' soon. Just the basics for now. What kine intake/exhaust everyone got? I'm havin' a hard time deciding which ones to go with. PRM intake looks attractive because its so simple. The Spugen SS w/ Ti tips is the exhaust I'm lookin' at too. Anyone got those on their S2Ks? See y'all on the streets!

Dan
Old 09-09-2003, 12:56 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by danalo
[B]Wassup everyone
Old 09-09-2003, 09:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the boards and congrats on your new purchase. You will love the car.

As for me I have the Spoon airduct/filter and HKS exhaust to answer your questions. I have a lot of other goodies too..Anyway
I think Spanky is the only one in Hawaii running the Spugen exhaust. Maybe he can shine in here to give you the low down on it. A few of us might meet up this week. PM me for when and where.

See ya
Old 09-09-2003, 11:51 AM

Chris, your car must look really sharp. I have to take some time off work and visit you soon. From what I saw at the last drift session, it looks bad ass.
Old 09-09-2003, 12:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hyper-X
[B]Chris, your car must look really sharp.
Old 09-09-2003, 02:15 PM

Welcome to S2000 ownership! See you around the boards, and hopefully on the roads.
Old 09-09-2003, 09:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome! I live over on the Big Island in Kona. If you ever make a trip over here, I'd be more than glad to show you my Spugen exhaust system. As for the description, this exhaust is sweet! However, it is a little louder than I would like it. Between 1000-5000rpms, it has a very deep tone. The sound will fill the cabin with a rich boomy tone. Once above 5000rpms, it transforms to a SWEET throaty growl. Sounds very sporty and I love to keep it in that range. Overall, it's not that loud at all. It's just when driving up-hill that the deep tone takes over the cabin. It actually is louder inside the car than it is outside. I've had many people compliment me on the sound of my car and tell me it sounds like a 6 cylinder.

From the clips that I've heard, I think the HKS sounds great. I'm also considering getting the Fujitsubo exhaust since I don't want a loud exhaust system. What I'm really looking for is a system that would sound close to stock but with more aggressive characteristic. Think of the sound level and characteristics of a Porsche 911. In a perfect world, I would love to have an exhaust that would make it sound like a Ferrari 355 w/ a Tubi Exhaust but I don't think that'll happen. That's my future car. I don't get a chance to make it to Oahu much, but when I do I will definitely let everyone know on the board. Until then, Aloha and Happy Driving!

-Stephen Y.
Old 09-09-2003, 11:15 PM

hey welcome!! you made a really good choice in cars. i really love mine. just finished putting on the spoon exhaust and intake filter. didnt' get to drive it yet but from what i heard so far it sounds good. well hope you enjoy your car!!
Old 09-10-2003, 12:03 AM

Originally posted by USDM_S2K
hey welcome!! you made a really good choice in cars. i really love mine. just finished putting on the spoon exhaust and intake filter. didnt' get to drive it yet but from what i heard so far it sounds good. well hope you enjoy your car!!
damm dood where do you work? haha i need a job there so i can afford more toys for my car
Old 09-10-2003, 10:02 AM

took the car around last night and i am getting deaf just how i like it. i work at pearl harbor. the pay is good for a part time job...anyone know where the sticker that comes with the air filter goes? or what is says? i need to learn some japanese...

Quick Reply: newby in da house