Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

New S2000 owner

Old 11-17-2010, 06:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by satoman44,Nov 16 2010, 11:27 PM
What's up Jae, I'm probably not going to get it fixed since I don't think it's covered under my insurance. I'll probably just live with it for now until I work in a more secure area, lol.

About the alarm, I ordered the Viper 5901 (Alan said you found a 5701 for $100) for $240 shipped off ebay. I then ordered the tilt and proximity sensor from another website for $95 (hopefully comes in by the weekend). I'm gonna try to install it myself this weekend. I'd rather know where all the wires are run and where all the sensors and modules are located. I figure if I can't do it, then I don't deserve my EE degree, haha.
Let me know how the install is or gonna ask you for some help. I got my alarm i gotta install with all the accessories, thinking the shop i was going to take it to would install it but they only will install alarms bought from there. Understandable because they wanna charge over 3x the cost of the the price i purchased the unit for.

Tried to look for an s2000 DIY like i always do, but no luck and maybe its for good reason. I looked at the alarm and car diagram and got most of the wiring down, unsure about a few of the wires though. Got a remote start and security alarm but i dont think im gonna use the remote start, just for safety reasons and i dont wanna bypass the immobilizer.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:19 PM

Hey moon Knight,

I'm sort of in your shoes as well. I purchased a viper 5701, going to purchase a proximity sensor and not look looking to utilize the remote start either. Which shop did you try calling? I was hoping to find a shop to install mine as well.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:09 PM

one of the recommended shops down in the kalihi sand island area because of what i hear from people about their quality. mine and your alarm may be hooked up the same, the only difference is just badges. didnt call any other shops because dont hear much about other shop's quality.

I been reading the diagram and schematics to try and get the whole setup before i start splicing. if i dont have the confidence, ill just probably end up calling all the shops on the island who would install alarms, have a shop do it to have it work, and if the quality sucks go inside and clean up.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:46 PM

Was it Revision Audio by any chance? Haha, I was going to try give them a call and ask them as well. I guess I should look for another shop as well.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:32 AM

yeah it was them
Old 11-18-2010, 12:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Revision is good but pricey. If someones home tomorrow to recieve the proximity and tilt sensor modules, I'll attempt the install over the weekend and let you guys know how it goes.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:22 PM

If the rain holds on saturday, i may try the install. been looking at diagrams, forums, and asking others about installation of alarms. Its doable.
Old 11-21-2010, 03:00 AM

Haha, worked on it for like 12 hours but not totally finished yet. I still have to install the proximity sensor (which kinda sucks) and the tilt sensor (haven't tested that one yet). Also have to calibrate the shock sensor. At least everything so far seems to work.
Old 11-21-2010, 02:33 PM

I got my alarm installed at revision...cleanest wiring on the island...looks OEM and no drilling, cutting on the car etc

My unit msrps for 400 so it was the same price installed.

Definitely get what u pay for. Didn't want to jack up the wiring on the nsx trying to figure it out!
Old 12-06-2010, 10:29 PM

Update: Got some a set of used KWv3's installed. Reading the forums it said that these aren't the best to slam your car so I figured setting it to the lowest recommended setting from KW wouldn't be too low. Boy was I wrong, haha! The car was so low I couldn't even fit the scissor jack under the front jack points. I have since raised the car to a usable ride height. Also, a couple months ago, I changed out the stock amber gauge lights to something more my style with a white/blue theme. Unfortunately pics didn't come out so good. I did these myself since I didn't feel like paying $300 for the Qube engineering kit. I think I spent a total of under $100 (plus a LOT of my own time, lol).

Quick Reply: New S2000 owner