Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

Need Good Restaurant Recommendation

Old 06-02-2002, 01:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Good Restaurant Recommendation

Guys, I have been here for few days, I wish to know any good Hawaiian restaurant around here... I am a big fan for the food, let me know if there is any... oh!! even Chinese/Japanese/Korean food is good too.. BTW, if possible, please tell me the restaurant location and what food to order...!!
Old 06-02-2002, 02:35 AM

I don't know too much about Hawaiian food, but Ono's plate lunch on Kapahulu seems to be popular. And also, Yama's fish market serves good Hawaiian food (they are located near the intersection of Young St. and Isenberg St. close to the University). I'm sure we'll get together soon and show you around
We missed you today at the movie and lunch and dinner and late night snack and cruise!
Old 06-02-2002, 02:44 AM

Some good places you should go to:

Willow's on Hausten street (near Univeristiy of Hawaii) has good Hawaiian food.

Sam Choy's Breakfast lunch and crab on Nimitz Hwy by Hilo Hatties - pretty much anything's good there!

Chart House - Ilikai Hotel at the beginning of Waikiki, my local favorite, great appetizers and dinners (not Hawaiian food, but great food anyway). Try the Kahuku prawns sauteed in a garlic butter sauce (may not be on the menu, ask for it though).

Nick's Fishmarket - Kuhio Avenue in the beginning, not Hawaiian food, but great fish and steaks. Excellent rack of lamb *highly* recommended!!!
Old 06-02-2002, 03:18 AM

Hey, have you done a "Luau" yet. There are hotels that offer the luau to non-guests. But that is always fun, some entertainment and food.

But as for Hawaiian food, my recomendation is the following. Masa's Massive Plate Lunch on Liliha Street. Go on a Friday, yes, must be a Friday no later than 1030am. When you get there order on of the two specials on their menu for that day. They always run out, and the amount of food WILL make you sleep, albeit a nice nap, definately something to share, and the food is cheap and very tasty. The other alternative to Hawaiian food is "Farmers Market" I forget the name of the street but it is right across the street from Ward Warehouse. If you dont know too much about Hawaiian food then I would try the Lomi Lomi salad, Lau Lau, Kalua Pig, Poi, Long rice combination plate. Its no wonder I weigh what I do!! seesh.

Chinese food. For Dimsum go to Legend's at the Chinese cultural plaza. My dad is a chinese chef and only eats dimsum at Legend's, Must be good then huh? Kaneohe is on the eastside of the island, or the windward side. If you are ever there then you have to try Pakeh's, which means chinese in Pidgeon english.

Japanese is my favorite. For the cooked stuff, go to Hakone at the Prince Hotel on Ala Moana Blvd. Kinda pricey but good. California Rock 'n Roll Sushi on Ward Ave. is also good. For sushi there is Yohei on Dilingham Blvd. reasonable but great fish, get the chirashi, yummm my favorite. And the ULTIMATE sushi, but be prepared to pay about $100 per person, is Sasabune on King street. no need to order. The chef serves you until you say stop. Do you remember "Soup Nazi" from Sienfeld? This is "Sushi Nazi" better be on your best behavior or he will ask you to LEAVE!!! I am serious!!

Korean. Nothing like an order of "Kalbi" or Korean short rib in a sweet sauce! The best place for that is any of the "Kim Chee" restraunts all over the island. Just had some Thursday night, and might have some again tomorrow. I have a friend who loves to eat meat, and he says that Kim Chee Kalbi is the best meat in the world!!

Bento. Japanese for "boxed lunch" for a quick and delisious meal go to "Mitsuken" on School St. for $4.50 you can get a bento big enough for two people!!! I usually get the Mini and a side order of garlic chicken, to-die-for, and head up Tantilus and eat lunch over looking Honolulu.

Well, I hope this helps. let us know when you are free to we can get together okay!! see you soon
Old 06-02-2002, 12:45 PM

thanks guys, seems like I will have something to do for next few days... another 2 months...