Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

Moving to Hawaii

Old 03-20-2007, 09:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moving to Hawaii

Hey everyone. I will be moving to Hawaii from Seattle sometime this summer. I'm thinking of Oahu becuase of the type of work I do, (Armed Security) but I have been looking at other islands to. I have spent a lot of time on Kauai during vacations and love it, but haven't seen a lot of jobs there. I will probably end up at Pearl Harbor, so what are some good areas to live? I've looked at the real estate web sites and have some ideas but I would like to hear from people who live there. My house will be going on the market soon, so if you want to live on the water in Seattle let me know. Any information would be great. I will be shipping the S, so I hope to see you guys at the meets.

Thanks
Old 03-20-2007, 09:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hawaii Kai seems to be the place to be. They pretty much developed all the land there is to develop there. My friend just moved to Chicago and her house is up for sale. Somewhere in the $600,000 range. Are you planning rent or own?
Old 03-20-2007, 09:49 PM

I will be buying. $600,000 sounds pretty good. Is it on the market yet? Is there a link?
Old 03-20-2007, 09:50 PM

well im sorry to say it but its really hard to get into pearl harbor. and i think the best place to live would prolly be mililani..because its a nice place..and theres everything in and around you..everything. walmart costco great places to eat. and one of the best movie theaters in hawaii..
Old 03-20-2007, 10:00 PM

From what I've seen so far Ewa seems really nice, but its too far from work for me
Old 03-20-2007, 10:08 PM

If I end up working at Pearl Harbor I wouldn't mind commuting up to 45 min. I really would like to get something with a big lot and at least a view of the water. Thanks again for any info.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:23 PM

I live between Islands, I reside on Kauai but work on Oahu about 4-6 months out of the year. Kauai is nice and has a lot off great things to do. There are jobs out their but there is going to be far fewer in Kauai than Oahu, If you are interested in military bases the only one on Kauai is the PRMF, it is a Navy base. I am going to be moving to Oahu in May and am looking to live in either, Ewa, Honolulu, or Kaneohe. I have been browsing this website for houses, maybe it will help you out if you have not already stumbled upon it. All islands
Good luck.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ITXLR8Z' date='Mar 20 2007, 10:08 PM
If I end up working at Pearl Harbor I wouldn't mind commuting up to 45 min. I really would like to get something with a big lot and at least a view of the water. Thanks again for any info.
Ok i asked my friend, and she said her mom is selling for $639k. It's in Hawaii Kai but only a small ocean view.

Other good places are Moanalua valley. There's openings every now and then where I live, but it's a townhouse community. It's pretty secure, and you wouldn't have to worry about your car being broken into at night.

I also agree with Skanktwo, Mililani seems to be a pretty good town.

I wouldn't want to live in Ewa tho. Smells like shit (literally, there's a sewage plant or something), and it's FAR.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:34 AM

Getting out of Ewa is a pain in the ass, at least that's what all my former co-workers told me. If I had the money I would have loved to live some where in Hawaii Kai, it seemed like a really nice area.

You're going to love Hawaii compared to Seattle. I grew up in WA and spent the last 3 years in Hawaii, I wish I was back there now.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:22 AM

Live out in Kaawa!

Quick Reply: Moving to Hawaii