Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

Moving to Hawaii

Old 04-02-2003, 03:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be moving to the big island around this time next year
I will need some help from the local car guys on protecting my ride from the salt elements and what not Hawaii can do to a car, Its gonna cost a shitload to ship my car there from Seattle, But its worth it....
=)
Old 04-02-2003, 08:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool! What part of the Big Island? Kona? If so, definitely look me up! Do you drive a s2000? If not, what do you drive? I live in Kona and would love to have another person to drive with. Keep me updated. Until then, Aloha and Happy Driving!

-Stephen Y.
Old 04-02-2003, 09:30 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Spanky
[B]Cool!
Old 04-02-2003, 09:47 PM

Originally posted by yogda

Yeah Puna District from the looks of it, I drive a Black LS1 SS Camaro, I came here to check out the s2000 scene and saw this Hawain region sub forum, Thank you for the reply!! And yeah I would like to roll with another sweet car on the island, are there other LS1 Maro's there? I need to get the car ready for the salt and elements. what are you guys doing to your cars for added protection?

Thanks man
Actually the elements and the salt is really not a big factor here. As long as you maintain your car's exterior, it will not effect it. Just your normal maintenence keeping your car clean, waxed occasionally, and keeping it covered is good but not really necessary.

If you're ever in Kona, look me up. Once in a while, me and a bunch of guys will get together and do a cruise/rally. We would love to have a LS1 Camaro SS to come along. Actually, there was supposed to have been one coming out with us on our last rally, but unfortunately couldn't make it. While you're here, look for a black s2000 on the road. If I'm not mistaken, I have the only black s2k here (I hope). I'm hardly ever on that side of the island, but if you see me, give me a
Old 04-02-2003, 10:11 PM

you bet, im looking forward to drive through the island and see what it has to offer.

My car is very clean and modified just right =) I also saw that there is a Zaino distributor on the island. thats a plus!
Is there a dragstrip on the island somewhere?
Old 04-02-2003, 10:42 PM

Man, you guys are going to have to ship your cars to Oahu so you can join our events!
Old 04-02-2003, 10:43 PM

yogda, if you want a Hawaii badge added to your signature, just let me know (now or when the time comes).
Old 04-03-2003, 08:11 AM

Originally posted by yogda
you bet, im looking forward to drive through the island and see what it has to offer.

My car is very clean and modified just right =) I also saw that there is a Zaino distributor on the island. thats a plus!
Is there a dragstrip on the island somewhere?
I believe that the Zaino distributor is located on Oahu. As for the dragstrip, there is one that is in Hilo which is closer to where you will be. The only problem is that majority of the time, it is raining on that side. There working on building one in Kona where it's a lot more dry, but that might take a while. What I'm hoping for is for them to build a Road Course as well. It is in the plans but nothing final just about yet.

I think that you will enjoy some of the beautiful roads that we have to offer. Down south, there are some nice long stretch of straights, and tight twisties. My favorite is up North where there is a fun twisty mountain road, with beautiful views.

I look forward to meeting up with you. Keep me posted.

-Stephen Y.
Old 04-03-2003, 11:59 AM

Ohh Yeah!! Im really siked about my move to Hawaii,
I have modded my suspension to the point of insanity and am looking forward to the twisties!!!! on par or better than the z06 vette (not j/k'n)

A road course would be a dream come true!!
And you say a dragstrip?? well I will be moving to Hawaii for sure, no question... I was hoping that i wouldnt have to give up my passion for motorsports on the island, now I know that everything is going the way I want, Im stoked!!! Surfing and Crusing are my favorite things!!
No more cold rainy days for me!!!!! Saying goodbye to Seattle wont be hard to do.

rstark: Thanks for the Badge offer, Ill take it when I have my internet up and running in my new house, Im still in Seattle for now. Thanks!!

Benjamin S
Old 04-03-2003, 06:07 PM

Congrats yogda. I wanna move to Hawaii so bad. Just not sure if I could afford payments on the S working at T&C.

Any of you local guys in banking???

Quick Reply: Moving to Hawaii