Old 05-27-2005, 04:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

daym steven that color is so nice!
Old 05-28-2005, 12:57 AM

those guys did an incredible job!
Old 05-28-2005, 02:03 AM

Wow Excellent pics. JNS has good customer service. They were really nice to me when I called them to see if I could paint my car gunmetal.
Old 05-28-2005, 06:10 PM

Nice it looks great and they use good paint also.
Old 05-29-2005, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by j_t_heilbrun,May 28 2005, 04:10 PM
Nice it looks great and they use good paint also.
I'm not even sure what kind of paint he uses. How could you tell? Is it those two cans below the front bumper?
Old 06-01-2005, 12:02 PM

Yeah its Martin Senour/Sherwinn Williams
Old 06-01-2005, 07:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steven,
If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost? You can PM me if you like. Also, how long did it take? Where are they located? Did they use flex additive in the bumpers? How is it holding up? Do you have any 'complaints', no matter how small?

I got my GS300 painted several years ago and it was a really good job. My only complaints were that they damaged some wood trim on the interior door panels, they didn't put my rear seat back in correctly, and they kinked the washer nozzle lines making them useless until I unkinked them. It was cheap though because I drove up to Canada to have it done. The exchange rate was pretty good and I saved over $1k in the process. Too bad I can't do that no more.
Old 06-02-2005, 02:55 AM

It was $2400, but you have to consider that I didn't ask to have the engine bay/inside of trunk painted, that he had to replace the front left fender, left door skin, and paint a custom paint scheme (extra masking work). He also removed my front bumper to touch up the scrape damage and paint. I'm not sure what the going rate is, but that seems like a pretty good price for the amount of work. He might have given me a better rate because I mentioned I might enter it into a car show. I think he likes that kind of exposure. Overall, I'm very happy with the job, though I did notice some minor scratches to some of my interior pieces that were taken out and reinstalled, and a broken driver-side lock switch (which he replaced as soon as the part came in). When I dropped by the shop, he also gave me some touch up paint in moonrock in a jar with some applicators. I noticed a little bit of overspray on my convertible top. The masking work was excellent, though there was one spot in my doorsill that there was a little bit of overrun. The paint on the hood wasn't perfectly even (though I hear it's very difficult to have a large flat surface sprayed perfectly). Great work getting into the door jambs and under the rubber mouldings. The paint is holding up very well, with the inevitable chipping that occurs from day-to-day driving with occasional autocross jaunts with R compound rubber kicking up rocks all over the body.
It's my first time getting paint done on a car, so I invite you to take a look for yourself at the next autocross. Oh, I think George had my car for a week (or was it ten days?) and I remember he was almost on time. I believe he had it one day later than anticipated. He's a great guy and I do recommend his work.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:12 AM

stephen would you by any chance still have George's number? i finally got my front lip for my RSX and can't wait to paint all the body parts and get them installed.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:46 AM

sure. His cell is 741-4589.

Quick Reply: moonrock/mugen paint pics