Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

MAGNAFLOW TI EXHAUST

Old 08-26-2004, 02:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAGNAFLOW TI EXHAUST

Has anyone heard if this exhaust is good or bad? It only weighs 6lbs. Just wondering what anyone knows about this exhaust.

MAGNAFLOW TI EXHAUST
Old 08-26-2004, 12:22 PM

I've never seen or heard it in person before so I can't really say. If I were to take my best guess, for an exhaust to weigh in at 6 pounds would need to include a ultra-small resonator (if any) and a single outlet design. The combined weight of the hangers involved would be around 1-2 pounds and the rest of it has to do with weight at the mounting flange.

At 6 pounds, there's not much room for any sound dampening material (which is why the Mugen exhaust weighs so much other than being dual) so I'd imagine that this would be incredibly loud... may even be enough to oust Stephen for the title of King of Loud Exhausts.
Old 08-26-2004, 12:23 PM

I had a Magnaflow exhaust on another car before and if I'm not mistaken, Magnaflow incorporates special hollow hangers to help reduce weight.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:39 PM

Thanks for the info. If its as load as colins exhaust then I'm okay with it. But if this thing is going to be really really load then I don't know if I'm going to like it. I know when I get it and I don't like and try and get rid of it the WIFE is going to seriously kill my ass. I'm tring to get a sound clip of this thing at idle but even if i hear it on the internet its going to be so different when i'm driving it.
Either way if it sounds mean I guess I'm okay with it.
Old 08-27-2004, 12:45 AM
tru

it probably sounds like a veilside single
Old 08-28-2004, 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by PAKS2K,Aug 26 2004, 08:39 PM
Thanks for the info. If its as load as colins exhaust then I'm okay with it. But if this thing is going to be really really load then I don't know if I'm going to like it. I know when I get it and I don't like and try and get rid of it the WIFE is going to seriously kill my ass. I'm tring to get a sound clip of this thing at idle but even if i hear it on the internet its going to be so different when i'm driving it.
Either way if it sounds mean I guess I'm okay with it.
Colin's exhaust is OEM. It just sounds like a different exhaust because he's always driving around at WOT.
Old 09-17-2004, 09:54 PM

Damn I just hooked up!!!

I was buying my Magnaflow from another member of this site and it was used for about one month now. We worked out a deal for $700.00 for the exhaust thats including shipping. But when he took the car into SPUGEN to remove the exhaust they heard a noise in the resonator so with his connections at SPUGEN they talked to MAGNAFLOW and now he is sending me a brand new TI. I pretty much got 50% off for this exhaust....I just thought that I would post something in this thread since nobody else ever does....

Maybe I should start a new member name and say that I'm a girl.........hmmmmm

anyways to JRODS2000 and SPUGEN
Old 09-17-2004, 10:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

LOL

Old 09-17-2004, 11:00 PM

No offense to any girls on this site. But you know how it is...especially on the internet
Old 10-24-2004, 04:45 AM

Why do I always buy from people that take all the time in the world to send me the stuff that I buy???? Man I bought that magnaflow exhaust over a month ago and the damn person still hasn't sent me the exhaust.

I really want the exhuast but now I'm thinking about just asking for my money back!! AHHH

I just had to vent

Quick Reply: MAGNAFLOW TI EXHAUST