Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

A loss in the family

Old 09-25-2003, 03:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A loss in the family

Not too many of us visit our 'sister' forums over at s2kca.com, but I wanted to share this with everyone here. Many of us 'older' owners know Rick, and he has suffered a loss in his family. I hope he won't mind that I've copied his message here. Rick and Roxanne, please accept my condolences.
My father died last night from cardiopulmonary failure. It seems his last trip into the hospital was indeed the last. He went in for water retention (swollen in a lot of areas), and was admitted into the ICU the next day. From there his kidneys and liver started to fail as they had to put him on dialysis. His eyes and skin started turning yellow and eventually had to tape his eyes shut. The had to regulate his blood pressure with three different medicines. He was unresponsive to external stimulation (voice or physical).

In the end, his heart started failing and there was nothing more they could do for him. We had to prepare for the worse. The worse came and he passed away at 5:40PM yesterday HST. I'll be busy making funeral arrangements and handling his personal affairs during the next several days. My brother is flying in from Belgium to be here. It's going to get hectic.

Anyway, I'll say my Dad has been prolonging his life longer than expected. He's lived a full healthly life and doesn't have any regrets. The one thing I am happy about is that we told him that we were going to have a baby, and he was very happy. That was the last we spent quality time with him, and we're glad we did. At least he knows he will be a grandpa again, and now he's with my mother in heaven waiting to see our newborn in several months.
Old 09-25-2003, 04:03 PM

Although I did not know Rick and Roxanne personally, my condolences goes out to them and their family.
Old 09-25-2003, 04:08 PM

My sincere condolences to Rick's family. Like many other people, I don't know what to say in this sort of situations, but I had a similar experience around this time last year when I lost my father to cancer.

It's tough living day to day, night after night knowing you've lost someone close to you. My belief is that they'll continue to live on in our hearts as long as we don't forget them. What gives me strength is when I run into people who's been with my father and they tell me how proud he was of me, that alone reminds me to keep pushing forward and doing my best with whatever I do, live life to the fullest, and help as many people as I can.

I hope everything turns out well Rick, I'm here if you need bro.

-Jimmy
Old 09-25-2003, 05:14 PM

My condolences to the family.
Old 09-25-2003, 09:57 PM

sorry about your father i don't know you or your wife but hopefully all will be well shortly for you & your family so take care & hannng in their sound's as if you have a strong family so you folk's can hold one another up take care & godbless your family mahalo joey.
Old 09-25-2003, 10:20 PM

Rick, I sorry to hear about your father's passing. I knowt aht you and Roxanne were spending a good amount of time with him. If there is anything Chrysti and I can do to help, please let us know. I will talk to you soon.
Old 09-26-2003, 09:02 AM

Sorry to hear Rick. May your father RIP.
Old 09-26-2003, 03:16 PM

Thanks everyone for the kind words. It's not easy having both of your parents pass on. I've been designated to carry out his living trust and I have a lot of work ahead of me.
Old 09-26-2003, 07:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rick,
I am sorry to hear about your father passing away. My condolences to you and the family. Talk to you soon.
Old 09-26-2003, 07:47 PM

Sorry to hear about your father Rick. On a lighter note, congratulations on the baby.

-Ryan

Quick Reply: A loss in the family