Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

Keep away!!!

Old 03-30-2002, 08:49 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keep away!!!

I just watched on the Travel Channel last midnight about sacred places in Hawaii. For anyone living in hawaii, go research and talk to neighbors about warnings and where not to go. Don't go to any place you haven't researched about? The program I saw was about on certain days, the ghosts can come from certain areas and if you try taking pictures, they'll capture you and torture you. I also heard about burial caves, where there's evil spirits lurking around. A few months ago, I also saw on the news about bringing a volcano rock from Hawaii to a different country will cause bad luck, for example: tv stops working, house rotting away, etc.
Old 03-30-2002, 11:07 AM
Banned

This is important!!Read above
Old 03-30-2002, 12:16 PM
Banned

Read!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-30-2002, 12:43 PM

Sorry I'm not too much of a Ghost Story fan. However, it is likely that the caves and sacred places you are talking about are on the Big Island. Most of us are on the island of Oahu. Maybe Spanky can comment?

Indeed, there is a display at the Volcanos national park with various rocks and the letters accompaning them from people who ignored the warning and took Madame Pele's rock home.
Old 03-31-2002, 01:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hahaha! The Big Island does have some creepy superstition. The lava rock subject that you talked about is indeed true. Don't ever take a Lava rock off the Island. I've talked to many people that have done so and ended up sending it back and after doing so, everything came back to normal. Another thing is that if you are ever on the Big Island, there is a road called Saddle Road. That is one road that you do not want to travel if you have any sorts of Pork products. Sounds crazy but trust me on that one. I myself have not really seen much, but I've heard some freaky sounds before. About the ghosts on a certain day, there is a belief on such a spirit called the Night Marchers. I never seen them or do I want to. There are some areas that you don't want to mess around with like ancient temples, and sacred land. But there are always signs posted to let you know that the area is restricted (kapu).

This Island is a beautiful island that you should indeed visit. Not much to do for a party animal, but for sight seeing or just to getaway and enjoy a peaceful vacation, this is the perfect place to be. Oahu is a city, where it is more fast paced, and much more to do. I love it there, but if you are looking to relax in paradise, this is the place you want to be, especially if you like to golf. There are 15 different beautiful courses to play with 4 more being developed right now.

The odds of you encountering some bad spiritual experience is very rare, so don't worry about it.

Colin, I've heard of a few scary storys about Oahu too.

I guess every place in the world has it's scary places and beliefs whether it be in Hawaii, China, Europe, or in the United States. Don't worry about it. I've lived here my whole life and never experienced anything out of the ordinary besides the time that I heard some wierd noises. I guess if you don't have bad intentions, you won't be bothered.

Aloha!
Old 03-31-2002, 04:26 PM
Banned

I also heard there was a bridge in Hawaii with a tunnel on top that was just completed a few years ago and that a ghost is sometimes seen with no feet. AAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!
Old 03-31-2002, 07:22 PM

I think you need to stop watching TV and just get in your car and drive!
Old 03-31-2002, 09:44 PM

Ive heard some freaky ghost stories (on that old FOX show called sightings) regarding H3. The show segment talked about the very long construction time (about 20 years?), unusual happenings during construction, and freak accidents afterwards. I havent really researched this particular ghost story, but since they said a section of H3 was built over ancient burial grounds, im not a bit suprised.. Has anyone heard about this one?

I visit the islands every so often (On Oahu ATM) and havent seen anything yet, but i do respect the warnings people give (lava rocks, certain areas, etc).
Old 03-31-2002, 11:30 PM

Wow did everyone see that show but me?! Come on guys............it's on FOX! He He!
Old 03-31-2002, 11:47 PM

If you want to read about some ghost stories in Hawaii, Glen Grant has written several books on this subject. Very good reading. Try this web site here: http://www.chicken-skin.com/Chicken-Skinhome.html I saw one of his shows where he talks about these stories in person. He also does tours and takes you to the places of these stories.

Quick Reply: Keep away!!!