Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

Is July the Official Month for A-Hole Hawaii Drivers?

Old 07-23-2003, 06:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As I'm typing this post, I'm flaming pissed at what I just went through.

From the very first day of this month till today, almost 90% of the cars on the road enjoys cutting me off with little room to spare and like to change lanes without using their turn signals. Kids, military guys, mom's, dad's, grandfathers, great-grandfathers, great-great-great-great-great-great grandmothers, wives, husbands, black, green, blue, yellow, white, purple and do-do brown colored people, it doesn't matter.

Today I was headed to Maile via the H-1 freeway and was followed by my friend in his car. Every lane except for the left-most lane was free to get ahead. I changed lanes and proceeded to speed past this moving roadblock and this fuctard in a Murano cuts me off with about 1 feet left to spare and causes me to hit my brakes hard, no turn signal... nothing. On top of this, he slows to 45mph and forms a perfect horizontal line-formation of cars from left to right.

I'm following tight behind his ass, flashing my headlights to get him to move over to let me pass, but this is Hawaii... nobody knows the unwritten rules of the road except for the rare-respectable drivers. The phucker brake checks me and causes my friend who's in back to hit the brakes hard. Okay, that's like sucker punching me in public, that crosses the line in my book.

I wait for an open opportunity to pass this orange ridiculous thing and I finally see the line, nothing risky but a good chance to pass. I change over, using my signals, speed up to pass safely and guess what happens, he cuts me off again no turn signals. I immediately move back into the left most lane and drop to 2nd, kicked into the V-Zone, and cut his ass off. The Murano looked all shook up and slowed down behind me while my friend beeped his ass from behind.

My friend calls me on our handhelds to let me know that the driver was talking on his cell phone and I probably startled him. I start to slow to 50, 45, 40, 35mph and my friend follows close behind. We end up stopping on the shoulder lane the driver of the Murano steps out, a younger mid twenties Japanese looking guy asking me what's my problem. I immediately jumped out of the car and ran to the guy yelling every friggin profanity I could think of. My friend came of out his car to do the same thing. Another car, a Dodge Avenger also stopped on the side with us which I'll explain later.

After telling him he cut me off twice using no turn signals, brake checked my ass going less than 45mph and didn't move over to let me and others pass who respect the 60mph speed limit zone. He asks me "so what, it's not your f--king road, what're you gonna do about it?" I cracked him in the chest and on his jaw. My friend tried to pull me off of this guy but I had a good grip with my left and kept knocking this guy. I was so pissed I couldn't tell what I was doing, but my friend and the driver of the Dodge managed to pull me off of this guy and then the cops arrive.

The cops were trying to ask me stuff but I told them I can't talk clearly because I'm so pissed, then this Haole guy in the Dodge tells the officer that the Murano cut me off twice no blinkers and was driving well below the minimum speed limit. He was driving beside my friend in the back and saw everything. He said that in my shoes, he would've felt the same although he may not have assaulted the guy. After cooling off for 20 minutes, the local Five-O get all the usual stuff like papers, license, etc. and asked me to provide some comments as to what happened.

The officer told me that I shouldn't have hit the guy (of course) and the driver of the Murano was told that he could be charged with reckless driving as using proper turn signals in traffic is mandatory and could be a strong case in my favor should this go to court regardless of what I did to him. The officers let the Murano leave first and in all foolishness, I yelled "you better wise up dumbass" and the officers immediately shut my big mouth up.

I told the guy in the Avenger thanks for explaining the situation as he saw it since I was not in the mental frame of talking like a human being. The guy was cool about it but he did state that I shouldn't have hit the guy as he appeared to be the type to go home and tell mommy. After a few seconds later, he said "wait, didn't he taunt you by saying what're you gonna do or something like that?" I said yeah, that's what set me off.
Then he said "well, he deserved it then". The officers did state that those kind of drivers "referring to the Murano" drive like they're the only ones on the road while on their cell phones and aren't aware of who's around them and pose the biggest risk on the roads next to DUI drivers and road racers.

We all left to go our ways and headed to the next McD's to sit down and talk about our little fiasco.
Old 07-23-2003, 06:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow. i leave hawaii for a year and aloha spirit goes out the window... cali drivers up here aint that much better tho.. up here they got guns!
Old 07-23-2003, 06:58 PM

Wow, you need a beer! Driver's over here do suck, but don't give in to road rage. Assaulting the guy was not the way to handle it especially since the police got involved. Go chill out dude and have a cold one.
Old 07-23-2003, 07:13 PM

Old 07-23-2003, 08:17 PM

Wow! Jimmy, I hope that this doesn't go to court, though having the cops involved probably increased the chances.
We all know how you feel, since we've all been behind other drivers who are too busy on their cell phones to be driving conscientiously, but like Rick said, you probably shouldn't have hit him. Even if he deserved it.
The roads can be a frustrating environment. Especially during traffic time. I think it's about time Rick and I take you out for another beer (I'm always looking for an excuse)
Old 07-23-2003, 09:57 PM

Yeah, my bad guys... I totally lost it. What set me off was when he stepped near me and said straight to my face "what you gonna do about it..." like he meant to do what he did, that lit off all of the fireworks in China.

The funny thing is the officers were actually on the Murano driver's case because they know that I could've made up this story but when a 48 year old Haole man finished explaining what happened without me saying one word, the officers said to him that "if you can't drive and talk on a cell phone, perhaps you shouldn't be driving or talking on the phone." They said that "they couldn't really blame me for being upset because he could've avoided the scene on the side of the road if he just apologized."

Honestly, I wouldn't have knocked him if he said anything remotely to "sorry" but the look on his face, the way he was standing, how he stepped towards me, his tone of voice and what he said all pushed on the wrong buttons.

I don't condone this kind of behavior but if you were there, you may understand because for those who's been around me, I don't truly believe that I'm the type to be set off easily. Just like how Sunny Garcia would pound the living crap out of an outsider who cuts him off on a huge wave, that's how I felt but I would've stood down if he didn't say what he did.

Court or otherwise, I've been through this exact same situation with another friend of mine, and although the court won't find it favorable on the person who did the hitting, ultimately if there is an unpartial witness at the scene who's willing to testify on your behalf either on paper or in person, I've seen the guy who got hit pay fines pertaining to reckless driving... the most I'd see is bills to cover what I did to his face, and from what I saw, I gave him a free adjustment.

Peace.
Old 07-23-2003, 10:04 PM

Oh, BTW... he still didn't make any attempt to apologize and acted like he didn't do anything wrong. The 48 year old Haole man said that he was one heck of a cocky SOB still denying what he did on the road while they questioned him on the incident. He was cool enough to leave me his phone number and asked for my mailing address so he can send me a written statement of what he saw.
Old 07-24-2003, 01:26 AM

I am sorry... I shouldnt have been driving and talking on the phone at the same time. Next time I will use better judgement. I hope that we can still be friends. And if you want, we can go for a ride in my Murano some time....

Heheheh, I just wanted to make a funny... Hope you are doing better.
Old 07-24-2003, 01:27 AM

If I were you, I would get that written statement while it's still fresh in his mind. Don't let it wait too long before you actually need it.
Old 07-24-2003, 01:49 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rstark
[B]If I were you, I would get that written statement while it's still fresh in his mind.

Quick Reply: Is July the Official Month for A-Hole Hawaii Drivers?