Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

John Dominis parking scam?

Old 11-01-2002, 07:55 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default John Dominis parking scam?

Curious if any of you ever heard of this happening before. As you guys know I got married at Turtle Bay Resort on Saturday well I took all of my out-of-town guest to John Dominis for the Sunday Brunch. Many folks were leaving for the outer islands in the afternoon or back for home. Everybody valet parked their cars, since their belongings were in the car. Well guess what? Some of our bags got stolen. Of course neither the restaurant (which I dropped over $1500 on for brunch) nor the valet company claimed any responsibility since it states on the claim ticket they are not responsible for any belongings left in the car. Mind you now that nothing was in plain site. Everything was locked in the trunks. No damage was found on the vehicle, valet says he locked the door, and windows. Just venting some frustration, but what a horrible experience for my guests to have to go through. Put a real downer on the happy occassion.
Old 11-01-2002, 09:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am sorry to hear that this had to happen to you. Let me know if there is anything we can do to help you. Take care.
Old 11-01-2002, 09:41 PM

Damn, sorry to hear about that. That's one reason I don't valet my car. Hope that incident doesn't taint your image of Hawaii.
Old 11-02-2002, 03:56 AM

Sorry to hear about that, Dan. It's really sad, but we've got a serious problem here in Hawaii with theft. I believe on a per capita basis, Hawaii has one of the highest property theft rates in the nation.
Old 11-04-2002, 01:00 PM

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

It's not just valet. I got my laptop and my co-worker's laptop stolen out of my rental car in Waikiki after work one day when we went to dinner. The laptops were in the trunk and I put it in the trunk before leaving Camp Smith so no one saw us put them in the trunk. A few weeks ago, the Honolulu police called me and said they found my government ID in a stolen car. The ID was in my laptop when it was stolen. They never did find the laptops though, just my ID.

David
Old 11-04-2002, 09:23 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nah, I can never have a tainted image of Hawaii. I absolutely love the islands. Give me a few years and me and the new Mrs. will be there with you guys. I just spent my second day in Vegas (second and last leg of our honeymoon) and it doesn't even compare. We spent an entire week in Maui at the Grand Wailea Resort (love the water slides). We did the snorkeling in Molokini and at Turtle Town it was incredible. I was just surprised at the line the restaurant took as soon as I asked to see someone in charge the immediately went into defensive mode. First thing out of their mouth was we are not responsible for anything left in the car. Well, it was still nice seeing all of you guys for the first time and the offer stands for everyone if you ever decide to visit NYC. I'll show you guys around.

Oh yeah, what is up with the no lap dancing rule in strip clubs? That sucks....LOL!
Old 11-04-2002, 09:30 PM

wow--that's sad but at least the overall memory is more rewarding--
Old 11-05-2002, 12:10 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by turbo_pwr
[B]
Oh yeah, what is up with the no lap dancing rule in strip clubs?
Old 11-05-2002, 12:13 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by almilli
[B]It's not just valet.
Old 11-05-2002, 12:48 PM

I am glad that you still think well of us Dan. Good to meet you also. Hope to see you again soon.

Quick Reply: John Dominis parking scam?