Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

iPhone Owners collect $100

Old 09-06-2007, 12:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default iPhone Owners collect $100

Many of us know Apple deceided to reduce the price of the iPhone by $200, which made T-rex pout last night, but in a very rare move they're also going to give $100 Apple gift certificates to the people who purchased early. That means for once it wasn't such a bad thing to by a first release Apple product.

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2007/09/06/s...wners-100-back/

From Steve Jobs to all iPhone customers:

I have received hundreds of emails from iPhone customers who are upset about Apple dropping the price of iPhone by $200 two months after it went on sale. After reading every one of these emails, I have some observations and conclusions.
First, I am sure that we are making the correct decision to lower the price of the 8GB iPhone from $599 to $399, and that now is the right time to do it. iPhone is a breakthrough product, and we have the chance to 'go for it' this holiday season. iPhone is so far ahead of the competition, and now it will be affordable by even more customers. It benefits both Apple and every iPhone user to get as many new customers as possible in the iPhone 'tent'. We strongly believe the $399 price will help us do just that this holiday season.
Second, being in technology for 30+ years I can attest to the fact that the technology road is bumpy. There is always change and improvement, and there is always someone who bought a product before a particular cutoff date and misses the new price or the new operating system or the new whatever. This is life in the technology lane. If you always wait for the next price cut or to buy the new improved model, you'll never buy any technology product because there is always something better and less expensive on the horizon. The good news is that if you buy products from companies that support them well, like Apple tries to do, you will receive years of useful and satisfying service from them even as newer models are introduced.
Third, even though we are making the right decision to lower the price of iPhone, and even though the technology road is bumpy, we need to do a better job taking care of our early iPhone customers as we aggressively go after new ones with a lower price. Our early customers trusted us, and we must live up to that trust with our actions in moments like these.
Therefore, we have decided to offer every iPhone customer who purchased an iPhone from either Apple or AT&T, and who is not receiving a rebate or any other consideration, a $100 store credit towards the purchase of any product at an Apple Retail Store or the Apple Online Store. Details are still being worked out and will be posted on Apple's website next week. Stay tuned.
We want to do the right thing for our valued iPhone customers. We apologize for disappointing some of you, and we are doing our best to live up to your high expectations of Apple.

Steve Jobs
Apple CEO
Old 09-06-2007, 12:44 PM

Also, Apple is killing 4GB iPhone and the remaining stock is $299 while supplies last.

And this is a great iPhone user forum I've seen mentioned all over the web:
http://modmyiphone.com/forums/
Old 09-06-2007, 01:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hopefully this isn't a fake.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:34 PM

It's also on the front page of the Apple website, bottom left, it's not fake.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i want the full $200! Then I can buy the iPod that looks exactly like the iPhone.

I guess I'll go to the apple store then...thanks Nate!
Old 09-06-2007, 02:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I personally think it's silly for people to complain. If you got up early, waited in line, dished out $5-600 for a unit, then apparently, the total "cost" for you was worth the price of admission.

But I'm not turning down $100 gift certicate!
Old 09-06-2007, 03:21 PM

Well they finally sold me, I'm buying an iPhone soon as I get home.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:48 PM

ok i want one now, especially since my blackberry is giving me all kinds of grief.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:20 PM

they just keep coming out with new things haha
Old 09-06-2007, 06:55 PM

i wonder if taka wants one...

Quick Reply: iPhone Owners collect $100