Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

Inspection Sticker Plate

Old 03-22-2010, 12:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inspection Sticker Plate

I'm new to the island and need to get my car registered/inspected when it gets here next week. Should I just put the inspection sticker on my bumper or should I look into one of those metal plates I see on other cars to put the sticker on? Also, how do those mount to the car?

Thanks!
-Matt
Old 03-22-2010, 03:01 AM

welcome to the island!

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showt...&#entry17867117

napa, checkers, redline, ron's will have the plates..

imo it's just that much more easier to have a police officer rip the plate off with the safety when he/she deems your car "illegally modified" etc. i just slap it on the bumper in the usual spot..

there's an older thread that talks about how their safety check places have been ripped off.

does your vehicle have modifications?
Old 03-22-2010, 07:52 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

i would definetly put a safety sticker plate. if some effing cop was harrassing me and tried to scrape off my safety sticker for some reason, i would way rather have him scrape the sticker off of the safety sticker plate rather than the bumper. those a-holes cops don't give a rats tail about you or your expensive car and they will just take a razor blade and scrape off your sticker right off of the bumper, taking paint with it. causing you to either hvae to keep your safety sticker on the bumper to cover up the spot where the cop scraped off the sticker and paint and you will have to forever put the safety sticker on the bumper paint. just to cover the paint spot they scrped off. or have to repaint the entire bumper. then get a plate.

this happened to my friend, he had a car with the safety on the bumper, they scraped it off so much that they also took off all the paint under then sticker, down to the black plastic on the bumper. i would be furious.

long story short, get a safety sticker, it is way worth it. only about 10-15 bucks and will either bolt or screw on the plate to bottom of the bumper. i guess you could also rivet the plate on as to make the plate harder to steal. but i would rather have them just steal my safety stcikers and plate. then damaging my bumper trying to steal it.

we do sell these safety sitcker plates at honda windward. feel free to come down anytime to pick one up. my name is ross. i work in the svc department. just ask for me if you have any questions also have my safety check license.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:59 AM

^^ holy crap that's nuts, didn't know they would scrape that hard.

and damn, too bad you can't pass most of our cars...=P
Old 03-22-2010, 11:30 AM
Community Organizer

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

hook it up ross... jk
Old 03-22-2010, 12:35 PM

Hey Ross, that's great to hear! I was thinking about hitting up Honda Windward when my car gets in... you guys had a great writeup in Honolulu magazine. Do you work weekends? I'm thinking of trying to get my car registered / inspected the weekend after it gets in.

Can I get it all done in one day, you think? Also, would Honda Windward be able to mount the safety inspection bracket for me as well?

Oh, and to IntegraXTR - nope, my S2000 is stock!

-Matt
Old 03-22-2010, 12:41 PM
Community Organizer

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

you can get your s2k registered at any satellite city hall on the weekend
http://www.co.honolulu.hi.us/csd/satellite/
Old 03-22-2010, 01:39 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

and its easy to mount the plate.. unless mr. ross can do it for u for free.. ur gonna be asking for someone to do something when u can do it for free =P

p.s unless ur car is lower than low... than yea u may have a hard time mounting the plate haha
Old 03-22-2010, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by s2ksi8,Mar 22 2010, 11:39 AM
and its easy to mount the plate.. unless mr. ross can do it for u for free.. ur gonna be asking for someone to do something when u can do it for free =P
I still don't really understand how it mounts to the vehicle... I have to "bolt or screw into the bottom of the bumper." Doesn't that require drilling or special tools?

-Matt
Old 03-22-2010, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by MattDell,Mar 22 2010, 11:43 AM
I still don't really understand how it mounts to the vehicle... I have to "bolt or screw into the bottom of the bumper." Doesn't that require drilling or special tools?

-Matt
I just installed my safety sticker bracket this weekend in about 5 minutes. it's just a metal plate with a 90 degree bend and two mounting holes. i used the bottom of the bumper where there is no paint (furthest spot under the car). it's just plastic so I used 2 self tapping screws to make the holes and then replaced with them with bolts. really simple once you do it.

Quick Reply: Inspection Sticker Plate