Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

I'll Be In Hawaii For The Next 3 Mos.

Old 07-25-2004, 07:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 01SilverS2k,Jul 13 2004, 06:51 PM
Hey all,

I will be in Oahu by this Sunday July 18th and will be there working for the next three months. Unfortunately, my wife can't come with me so I'll be pretty much on my own. I've been to Oahu before but I've never stayed this long. Are there any upcoming s2k owner events I can tag along? Where's the best places to eat at the West End of Waikiki where I will most likely end up staying at? Any suggestions or tips will be truly appreciated. Aloha.

Larry
Man, is your company hiring???
Old 08-02-2004, 03:41 AM

[QUOTE=Kekoa,Jul 25 2004, 10:52 PM]Man, is your company hiring???
Old 08-06-2004, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Kwaalude,Aug 2 2004, 03:41 AM
hehe, that's what i want to know
Actually we have been conducting interviews all week this week. Do you guys have any accounting background?
Old 08-07-2004, 11:40 AM

Larry,
I got your message on my cell phone yesterday. I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to call you back. We have our corporate management in town due to our new store opening on Monday and I've been put to work day&night. I'll be leaving for N.Y. tomorrow, but will try to catch up with you when I return on Thursday.
Old 08-10-2004, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by smccurry,Aug 7 2004, 11:40 AM
Larry,
I got your message on my cell phone yesterday. I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to call you back. We have our corporate management in town due to our new store opening on Monday and I've been put to work day&night. I'll be leaving for N.Y. tomorrow, but will try to catch up with you when I return on Thursday.
No problem guy. Have fun in NY.
Old 08-17-2004, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by smccurry,Jul 16 2004, 07:29 AM
O.K.
About the food. I would recommend Cappucino's, which is on Lewer's St.
Nakamura Ramen, on Kalakaua.
The International Food Court has a variety of places to eat. I like Choi's Korean BBQ, Hamburger Joe's, Torito's Mexican food. This is also off of Kalakaua.
These are all under $10

For a little bit more (still under $15 for lunch), I recommend the following:
Arancino's (Italian) is good as well (on Beachwalk St.)
Restaurant Suntory (Japanese)
Okonomiyaki Chibo (Japanese) both of these are inside of the Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center which is on Kalakaua. They usually have lunch specials that will still keep you under $10 too.

There's more, but I can't think of it right now. We'll get a chance to show you when you get here anyway.

oh boy, now I'm getting hungry!
That is sooooo weird. My girlfriend's family owns Choi's Kitchen in the International Food Court. I went back to Honolulu with her once and ate there several times and her mom kept loading me up with yaki soba and spare ribs- mmmmm.

That is so odd that I live 5000 miles away from you guys in Ohio and you are talking about my gf's family restaurant.
Old 08-18-2004, 03:07 AM

wow, talk about a coincidence huh? speakin of which, the scenery in the "freshwater tour" banner you have in your sig looks awfully familiar... hmm...
Old 08-18-2004, 04:07 AM

where is that scenery from? It looks kind of familiar- is it on the west coast of oahu? When I was there this July I rented a Maserati Spyder and drove all the way up the west coast.
Old 08-18-2004, 11:15 AM

no, its on the east side of oahu. thats rabbit and bird island. if you were near sea life park, those are the 2 islands you saw just off shore. damn u rented a maseratti? you were big pimpin' it! so how was that car anyway? give us a little driving impression.
Old 08-18-2004, 05:33 PM

Oh yea- It was the East Side of the island (I guess I'm not quite the geography whiz I was in grade school ). I remember my girlfriend pointing out rabbit island, and we went past that sea life park.

The Maser was a blast to drive. The Ferrari-built V8 pulled hard all the way through the rev range, unlike 355 or 360 engines which have most of their power up top. However, the Maser didn't have the signature Ferrari V8 scream at redline, it just sounded silky- kind of like an amplified Lexus 4.3l V8. It is more of a GT than a sports car, so the ride is comfortable, but handling is not compromised too badly. The interior was absolutely beautiful. Everything was hand-stitched leather, the Jaeger gauges were attractive and easy to read, and the classic Maserati Analog clock in the center of the dash looked great.

There were a couple of nagging problems that would steer me away from buying the car: the door squeaked, the keyless entry didnt work after 10k miles, the top operation was iffy, the satnav/stereo screen completely washed out in any kind of light, and the buttons on the stereo worked about 1 in 5 tries.

It was awesome driving the car around. I wanted to get some pictures with my gf at the sheraton moana surfrider on a friday night, and the strip was packed with no parking, but the valet let me come in, and he parked my car right in front. As I was walking out to the car, some kid came running up yelling "What kind of car is that?! Is that an Aston Martin?!"

It was a great trip- I have a ton of pics of the car and stuff if you guys want me to post them.

When I come back next summer, I am renting the 360 spider...

Quick Reply: I'll Be In Hawaii For The Next 3 Mos.