Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

I'll Be In Hawaii For The Next 3 Mos.

Old 07-13-2004, 06:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'll Be In Hawaii For The Next 3 Mos.

Hey all,

I will be in Oahu by this Sunday July 18th and will be there working for the next three months. Unfortunately, my wife can't come with me so I'll be pretty much on my own. I've been to Oahu before but I've never stayed this long. Are there any upcoming s2k owner events I can tag along? Where's the best places to eat at the West End of Waikiki where I will most likely end up staying at? Any suggestions or tips will be truly appreciated. Aloha.

Larry
Old 07-13-2004, 11:07 PM

Howzit Larry! Perhaps smccurry (Stephen) can chime in and setup something (i'm long overdue for a get together).
Old 07-13-2004, 11:14 PM

Hello Larry. I'm sure we can set something up for a get-together. You are going to be here for 3 months after all.
I live in Waikiki and can definitely give you some suggestions. Is there something in general you can't eat? There tends to be a lot of asian influence as far as food goes, though of course there are hamburger joints and popular fast foods as well.
Old 07-14-2004, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by smccurry,Jul 13 2004, 11:14 PM
Hello Larry. I'm sure we can set something up for a get-together. You are going to be here for 3 months after all.
I live in Waikiki and can definitely give you some suggestions. Is there something in general you can't eat? There tends to be a lot of asian influence as far as food goes, though of course there are hamburger joints and popular fast foods as well.
Great to hear Stephen. I can't wait to join you guys on one of your drives. Also, I am of Asian American descent (Filipino) so asian influenced food would be great.
Old 07-14-2004, 07:02 PM

By the way, my commute will probably be from the Waikiki area to Kapolei. How long of a commute is this? According to Mapquest its right around 45 minute drive. Is this accurate? How's the traffic during rush hour? Thanks.
Old 07-14-2004, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by 01SilverS2k,Jul 14 2004, 05:02 PM
According to Mapquest its right around 45 minute drive. Is this accurate? How's the traffic during rush hour? Thanks.
Bwa ha ha ha! 45 minutes! During rush hour its gonna take a lot longer than that! Adjust for the time difference and you can see for yourself hereHawaii Traffic Cameras I usually wait till 6:30-7:00 to head home. I'm in Kunia which is about 5 miles closer. However the difference in time is very small since there is usually no traffic between Kunia and Kapolei. It's all between Downtown and Pearl City.
Old 07-15-2004, 12:42 AM

Filipino? I'm surrounded on all 4 sides by Filipinos and they know how to party!

I've only got 1 piece of advice, watch out for the "Bak-la's" in Waikiki.
Old 07-15-2004, 12:42 AM

in rush hour?! forget about it! you're looking at commute times of at least an hour. most likely more. and mind you this is gonna mostly be bumper to bumper ass traffic. your gonna have to do squats with only your right leg to balance out all the action your left leg will be getting... no, not that one, your other left leg.
Old 07-15-2004, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by Hyper-X,Jul 14 2004, 10:42 PM
I've only got 1 piece of advice, watch out for the "Bak-la's" in Waikiki.
ahahahaha! especially dem massive polynesian ones! now that's some scary ish rite there!
Old 07-15-2004, 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by Colin,Jul 14 2004, 06:27 PM
Bwa ha ha ha! 45 minutes! During rush hour its gonna take a lot longer than that! Adjust for the time difference and you can see for yourself hereHawaii Traffic Cameras I usually wait till 6:30-7:00 to head home. I'm in Kunia which is about 5 miles closer. However the difference in time is very small since there is usually no traffic between Kunia and Kapolei. It's all between Downtown and Pearl City.
This is why I prefer to live in town. My commute is 15 minutes and doesn't fluctuate much.
The nice thing about commuting out of town is that once you get home, the air is much nicer.

I'll write about food later. I just had a huge birthday dinner for my wife at Ninniku-ya and will throw up if I think about food for too long.

Quick Reply: I'll Be In Hawaii For The Next 3 Mos.