Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

I Hate Rain

Old 12-11-2008, 11:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by frofro24,Dec 11 2008, 11:29 PM
Check your oil, if water got past your rings you might have emulsified oil. I don't know how much water you took in but that is one of the first things I would do.

Why do you think you spun a bearing?
yea im gonna change my oil tomorrow...mobil 1 i cant remember what kind to use though i forgot...i ran it for about an hour and then drove it around and it runs just fine but im going to change my oil just to make sure...as far thinking that i spun a bearing no...at first i thought that i had thrown a rod cause the same thing happen to my integra type r and i could see the hole in the block where the a/c compressor used to be...but i couldnt find anything out of the ordinary on my f20 block...so i calld taka and he told me what i should do and thats what i did and it worked...as far as how much water i sucked in...it didnt look like a whole lot but you could clearly see it when you took the throttle body off...and also when i took the intake off i would say about 20oz worth of water just spilled out all over the ground and i was like hoooooooly shit...so i put everything back on and instead of having both pipes of the intake on i just used the upper half and have it sitting behind the radiator and the fans (not too sure if thats a good idea or not...any suggestions or opinions about that anyone???)...so its a ghetto rigged short ram ha ha ha...ill take pics tomorrow and show you what i am talking about...but other than that she runs just fine aside from that whine and i know where its coming from so im gonna check that out tomorrow as well
Old 12-12-2008, 10:34 AM

good to hear...i was just about to put my aem v2 in. good thing i didnt cause the drive out to kapolei yesterday was terrible. i must have forded like 5 rivers on the h1 yesterday past waikele oregon trail style! thank goodness timmy didnt get the measles.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:33 AM
Community Organizer

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

just keep the short ram until the weather gets better. oahu should be getting rain tonite. clearing by sunday nite into monday. 10w30 is recommended.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by bouford,Dec 12 2008, 12:33 PM
just keep the short ram until the weather gets better. oahu should be getting rain tonite. clearing by sunday nite into monday. 10w30 is recommended.
yea i picked up the oil and i wasnt able to get the OEM honda filter so im gonna be rocking a fram...they are great though...changing all that mess tonight and im gonna make it to the meet tonight as well now and im going to try to bring those harnesses as well...im still iffy about how i have my intake set up cause well being right behind the radiator its not really pulling in cold air...granted we have our fans behind the radiator too...meh i guess that would only make the engine run like ass if i was sitting in traffic and idling for long periods of time...wish i had 200 bones so i could snag up on that comptech intake
Old 12-12-2008, 01:22 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by chemr16,Dec 12 2008, 11:49 AM
yea i picked up the oil and i wasnt able to get the OEM honda filter so im gonna be rocking a fram...they are great though...changing all that mess tonight and im gonna make it to the meet tonight as well now and im going to try to bring those harnesses as well...im still iffy about how i have my intake set up cause well being right behind the radiator its not really pulling in cold air...granted we have our fans behind the radiator too...meh i guess that would only make the engine run like ass if i was sitting in traffic and idling for long periods of time...wish i had 200 bones so i could snag up on that comptech intake
so your car is working good right now? what was the issue?
Old 12-12-2008, 01:55 PM

I don't think there will be too much of a problem with running it as a short ram intake. Especially when you look at the other alternatives are
Old 12-12-2008, 04:27 PM

the problem was that i sucked water through the intake and into the manifold and i shut it off just in time to only have it get into the spark plug wells and not mix with the oil and get into the pistons...whew lucky on that one so i just pulled the plugs and throttle body off, cleaned out the intake manifold and dried al the water, cranked the engine to clear out the water in there and wiped that down put everything back together started it and let it run for about an hour then drove it around for about ten minutes...i drove it to work today and had no problems but i am about to change my oil and try to clean up my headlights cause there is serious condensation in my right headlight...anyone know where i can get some headlight fluid...i know that HID fluid is gonna cost more than halogen...hahahahahahaha im not serious but this woman was

http://www.killsometime.com/Audio/Audio-clip.asp?ID=52
Old 12-12-2008, 05:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey make sure your car has a transmission you may want to put an extra one in so you have reverse.
Old 12-12-2008, 08:11 PM

Well, it is good to hear you car seems to be okay. That had to be a heart stopper when it happened.
Old 12-13-2008, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by frofro24,Dec 12 2008, 09:11 PM
Well, it is good to hear you car seems to be okay. That had to be a heart stopper when it happened.
oh yea i wanted to scream and run down the road but its all good now i changed the oil and filter and everything is just as it was before...thanks for the support you guys

Quick Reply: I Hate Rain