Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

Hyper-X vs. Teal Integra

Old 10-09-2007, 05:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hyper-X vs. Teal Integra

Okay it all started with a big roach (this one was so freaking huge like a brown rat). So it went like this... big roach, big slippah, big swing, big mess, need new slippah big time.
I went to Wal-Mart to buy a new pair when I saw this Integra a few stalls away from me. Both of his doors was wide open and I couldn't help but notice this guy had a lot of gauges in his car. The amount of lights inside his car looked like a combination of a modern strip club + Fun Factory arcade. I stopped over and talked to the guy and checked out his ride and I couldn't believe what I saw.

- 2 O2 sensor gauges on his driver's side pod + water temp gauge
- EGT, Oil Temp, Oil Pressure on the passenger side pillar (on a pod)
- 2 (two) tachs, a small one sitting on the steering column, fat one mounted on the dash + the one that comes with the car makes 3
- VAFC1 fuel controller (default settings, untuned)
- Uniden radar/laser detector mounted on the dash
- Gtech Pro unit mounted to the windshield
- a baseball-size compass on his dash (who needs a freaking compass on Oahu, how you going get lost? I could walk home backwards blindfolded from anywhere, geez.)

That's all I could see before my stomach started to hurt from holding things in but I had to ask him "brah, you need this many gauges"? He said "I no trust the stock gauges they not accurate". Then I asked "you running boost, I no see a boost gauge but you got EGT plus two O2 sensors." He said "no boost all motor, 1 of the sensors is one wideband..." I shook his hand and had to leave already, I can only handle so much with a straight face. I guess as long as he's happy with his ride, that's all that matters I guess.

I had some really bad flashbacks of the times when I used to see local boyz that owned mini-trucks that installed double-double windshield wipers (zip tied 2 double windshield wipers) ontop of having 2 five-panel Wink mirrors, 1 mounted under the other inside the car.

Note: If I ever see anyone here on S2ki with a car like that... "somebody's gonna get a hurt real bad!" (- Russell Peters)
Old 10-09-2007, 09:55 AM

i like your stories jimmy=)
Old 10-09-2007, 10:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

mee too!! tell us more uncle!!!
Old 10-09-2007, 11:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL. Your posts are a treat.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:53 AM

I got one more, oh geez this is embarassing. The slippahs I bought last night was defective, as soon as I put on the left side this morning, the strap broke so I had to make one more trip back to Wal-Mart.

So I went to the service counter with my receipt to get an exchange going and there's this haole girl (kinda big but still "auryte" ) that helps me out. I explain the problem but then the phone/intercom goes off and she answers and it ends up being a couple of minutes. Within those minutes I look around you know, look at my watch, my phone, other people standing in line elsewhere, then my eyes somehow locks on to her chest.

I swear there was some kind of voodoo going on man, those things was moving around like how a cobra puts you in some kind of trance. The best way to explain it was like they was both moving around like in a "wax on, wax off" motion but in some kind of weird slow-mo, serious. Then I heard about 3-4 people standing next to me in line laughing because I think they saw how stupid I must've looked. When the haole girl asked me "sorry about that sir... um..." I think I said "yum... round... slippah... exchange... broke..." all staggered and broken up and that's when everybody in line just lost it, one guy fell down laughing. The girl seeing me red faced and unable to speak, reached over the counter and gave me a small hug.

Just thought I'd share.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:12 PM

wtF??!! lol you got one hug too!! she must do that shit on purpose. hahahaha!!!
Old 10-09-2007, 12:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 10-09-2007, 12:22 PM

which walmart is this? i gonna buy some slippahs now!
Old 10-09-2007, 01:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL, you made that up....
Old 10-09-2007, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by 808style,Oct 9 2007, 10:22 AM
which walmart is this? i gonna buy some slippahs now!
Pearl City.

Quick Reply: Hyper-X vs. Teal Integra