Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

Hyper-X Sighting

Old 11-01-2005, 03:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey thanks guys. Steve, I knew you always had it in you to be competetive, however I've retired for the moment away from SCCA because I don't want to slip into the mode where my only ride becomes designed around an idea of a barely-street legal racer, devoid of all the comforts I enjoy in Hawaii's wonderful traffic in my daily driver.

Just because your ranking or position in relation to the others doesn't improve doesn't necessarily mean that you aren't improving. Keep in mind Steve that everyone around you is doing their best to improve as well as you are, and as much as you are determined to get better, so are the others. In that respect, you ALL are improving as a whole. Barry and Curtis may be taking 5 steps forward and you may be taking 5 steps forward as well, so from your PoV, it seems that you're not making any progress. Don't sell yourself short, the only person whom you really need to beat out there is ultimately yourself. When I drive, I try to picture myself driving at the same time I am and I try to chase the best possible way for Jimmy to drive and find ways to beat him. If and when I beat someone else, I basically see it as I got lucky. I'm only out there to compete with myself. Beating the others is just small extra reward I guess.

I'll probably make it as a spectator and/or track worker and may want to show up to provide some tools for our fellow S2k participants and a friend to show the new people the ropes so they can feel more comfortable with the others in the future. Barry's made a lot of progress and I haven't stopped watching the rankings, times and development of all the other drivers as well. SCCA is a great sport and it has a ton of potential but it does put a lot of hurt on my wallet and I don't get to practice as much as I'd like. In something like Solo2, I actually respect the competetive drivers that drive almost completely stock cars over the ones coming with prepared setups, designed around racing under Solo2 conditions.

My cell number is the same and was reactived so I'll be contacting you soon about the Teins (which I completely forgot about). LOL

I'm slowly getting used to a normal life again a bit and my search for answers regarding the car I enjoy continues.