Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

How Much to Ship My S2000 to Hawaii?

Old 07-07-2005, 04:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hawaii! its where the average Joe can live in paradise....rite next door to a crack head.

I dunno if people know that we are the ICE capital of the world....big time ice epedemic here.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I lived in Hawaii for 5 years on Oahu and have to say it was not that expensive to live out there as long as you have a decent paying job. Infact I live in the Bay Area now and its twice as expensive. No comparison IMO. Everything here is more expensive. I would rather have Hawaii expenses in every aspect. Plus I knew a lot of people (and still do) in Hawaii. I kinda miss it but not really. I like the weather here a lot more. It seemed like it rained every other day there and here it rains like once a month if that.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by 808style,Jul 7 2005, 04:19 PM
the fact of the matter is you are going to have to be willing to make some concessions to live here. most likely you will get paid less than your peers elsewhere in the US. your dollar will also not go as far as it would on the mainland. space is very limited so land and housing is going to cost more for less area. all your groceries will cost more because everything is shipped here. this is the price you pay to live in paradise. all of us here are willing to pay it cause this is a wonderful place to live. we're not trying to discourage anyone from moving here, but we're not gonna sugar coat it either. its not the easiest place to make a living, but if you can do it then its well worth it!
I actually disagree with you on almost your entire post. I am from San Diego California so I am used to the higher prices. To me Hawaii was a lot cheaper in every aspect. You got more of a house than you do out here in renting or buying. Groceries were actually cheaper IMO in Hawaii than the Bay Area. It all depends on what part of California you live in.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by JsAP1,Jul 7 2005, 03:00 PM
I actually disagree with you on almost your entire post. I am from San Diego California so I am used to the higher prices. To me Hawaii was a lot cheaper in every aspect. You got more of a house than you do out here in renting or buying. Groceries were actually cheaper IMO in Hawaii than the Bay Area. It all depends on what part of California you live in.
wow i didn't know it was that expensive to live in california. i always thought it was better cause a lot of people from here end up moving there in search of a better life. so it seems from your posts that it's actually tougher to live in the bay area?
Old 07-07-2005, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by 808style,Jul 7 2005, 05:48 PM
wow i didn't know it was that expensive to live in california. i always thought it was better cause a lot of people from here end up moving there in search of a better life. so it seems from your posts that it's actually tougher to live in the bay area?
Hell yeah.
Thats not a good thing either.

Quick example. We rented a house over in Ewa Beach on the golf course for like $1500 a month. It was 1300 square feet and 2 car garage and yard (front and back), 3 bedroom 2 bathroom home. Out here that same setup WILL run you anywhere from $2200 and up.

Anyway yeah we miss Hawaii.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:34 PM

my 2/2 condo in salt lake rents for $1850/month. luckily i bought it a while back and my mortgage is nowhere close to that. the selling value has gone up $155,000 since 97. i have the feeling that living anywhere nice will now and forever come at a really high premium.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:52 PM

Received 68 Likes on 39 Posts

Dudes!

The job offer is for $150K plus $20K sign-on bonus plus an unbelievably great benefits package!!

A HUGE part of the reason to move to HI is because of this extremely good offer. Most offers like this one come from places like Montana, Wisconsin, or some other less desirable location. [No offense, but the coasts, and HI are just way more popular.]

I didn't really want to post the amount, but you can see that I should be able to afford a simple life, even in HI. Believe me, the job offer I've verbally accepted here in SoCal doesn't come close to the HI offer!

So, enough about the cost of living. What's the S2000 scene like? Do you guys have meets? What are the roads like, and are there good places for spirited drives? [Feel free to PM me if you have secret driving spots. ]

I'll have a lot more specific questions, as I get more info.

Thanks to all the s2ki homies for the assistance! Please keep the advice coming!

-Pete
Old 07-07-2005, 07:02 PM

my advice...come and live w/us in paradise. 150k is more than enough and it aint no wisconsin!!

and we're gonna have a meet soon, right guys?...and gals.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:03 PM

holy shiet! why are you even thinking about this?! sign the contract, pack your crap and get out here now! i'd frickin move to afghanistan for that much! (ok not really)
Old 07-07-2005, 09:16 PM

Six figures is an awesome amount to be making in Hawaii. You should book your flight already. For the average Joe making $30 - $60k/year, it's really hard living out here and being able to have extra money to spend.

I disagree with Chris about the prices in the Bay Area. I visit there at least once a year and know buying things there are cheaper (clothes, food, etc.).

Quick Reply: How Much to Ship My S2000 to Hawaii?