Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

Hopefully moving to hawaii!! Hows the weather over there?!

Old 05-30-2003, 08:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yah I was checking out the lottery thing, oh well I guess I will not be bringing my car there. I was reading that it is like top 3 states with car theft! yikes! oh well I don't think that will stop me from going i'll just have to buy a R1 or something else thats fun haha. Does anyone go to Manoa? How are the dorms there?
Old 05-30-2003, 09:10 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by HybridS2k
[B]Yah I was checking out the lottery thing, oh well I guess I will not be bringing my car there. I was reading that it is like top 3 states with car theft! yikes! oh well I don't think that will stop me from going i'll just have to buy a R1 or something else thats fun haha.
Old 05-30-2003, 10:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[B]Yah I was checking out the lottery thing, oh well I guess I will not be bringing my car there. I was reading that it is like top 3 states with car theft! yikes! oh well I don't think that will stop me from going i'll just have to buy a R1 or something else thats fun haha.
Old 05-31-2003, 01:08 AM

yahh so lets get to the next main point! how are the girls over there? I heard there are some cuuuttee girls! haha hey its mostly japanese over there? or is it mixed?

So bikes get stolen more? Man i dunno maybe i'll go check it out to see what the area is like then i'll decide if I want to ship my s2k over there. JDMs2k you have ALOT of stuff you arn't worried?
Old 05-31-2003, 02:07 AM

uh manoa is the best place for chicks! i went there my freshman year and everywhere you look there is hot girls. i am at hcc now taking automotive mechanics and there is no chicks there. the dorms at uh are alright depending on which one you are in. i would recomend the apartments(its a uh dorm) because they are more spacious and thats where all the parties are at. if you are planning on dorming then i would not recomend bringing your car. when i was dorming at uh i would park my 91 civic on the streets at night. one day i went to my car and some lady who's house i parked by told me that a car with 4 guys inside came by and took photos of the car. probably shopping around for cars to steal. she called the cops but after that day i parked at my friends house which is like a 15 minute walk from the dorms. kinda crazy but i didn't want my car stolen. an r1 might be nice cuz they have bike parking at the apartments and on campus. there is a lot of bike riders in oahu too. it would be nice to have your s2000 in hawaii, but its not worth the risk, unless you can find a place to store it. hope everything works out for you.
Old 05-31-2003, 10:40 AM

well if i stay at my friends place she lives in pearl city i don't know how far away that is from the school but she has a garage i could use. i dunno we'll see... ohh hey you live in pearl city huh?! how is it over there? that is where I would be staying
Old 05-31-2003, 12:13 PM

actually i don't live there anymore, but its not that bad of a place. just make sure you have a covered garage with a door and you should have no problems. parking it on the street might not be a good idea because they can always take the s2k by tow truck. its not that far of a drive but traffic can get really bad in the mornings and afternoons. but that all depends on when your classes start. school traffic sucks. pearl city is a nice area to live, just be careful where you drive. pearl city cops generally are pretty harsh when it comes to imports. in fact a lot of cops on the island can be harsh. you ever heard of the laws in hawaii? reconstruction permits are needed for all modified cars. without a recon permit you can recieve a $55 ticket. and if thats not enough they will hit you with a $55 no front plate ticket. and some cops find even more stupid reasons. like one cop in waikiki has religous beleifs that the hid setup on the s2k is not stock. oh yah. don't take your car down the waikiki strip, especially at night. cops are anti-import in waikiki. smccurry and usual_suspect live down there and they get harassed all the time.
Old 05-31-2003, 02:44 PM

damn for real? shit i thought LA was bad! damn that sucks man! Maybe i'll move down there and see what its like then decide later on to ship my car. So hows life down there? i heard its pretty kick back.. but ALOT of cute girls hahah any more Kelly Hu's over there?
Old 05-31-2003, 03:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[B]yahh so lets get to the next main point! how are the girls over there? I heard there are some cuuuttee girls! haha hey its mostly japanese over there? or is it mixed?
Old 05-31-2003, 04:04 PM

cool thanks man its yellow like yours i can't wait either way lets all meet up. I really wanna bring my car down but just want to make sure its safe and I have a good spot to park it. First I gotta see if I get into Manoa, I applied yesterday but not sure if i'll get in. Do you guys know if its hard to get in as a transfer? my GPA is only like 3.0.

Quick Reply: Hopefully moving to hawaii!! Hows the weather over there?!