Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

Hopefully moving to hawaii!! Hows the weather over there?!

Old 05-30-2003, 01:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hopefully moving to hawaii!! Hows the weather over there?!

Hey whats up guys! I am thinking about going this fall semester to UH in Manoa. I have an s2k and would ship it there with me... I have a couple questions for you guys before I make my decision...

1. Are the cars safe there? I live in LA so hopefully its safer than where I am.
2. How many s2000 guys are on over there
3. How do you guys like hawaii?
4. Any advice on shipping services?
5. Anything at all I should know that you local guys know and I don't?

ok thanks guys I really really really look forward to move out there just wanted to some info.

Hope to see ya all in a few monthes!

-David
Old 05-30-2003, 01:42 AM

Welcome David,

There are no definative answers to your questions but I'll give my perspective:

1) Generally not too bad, but if you frequent some areas of town, you may have problems. With our two cars, we've never had any trouble in 3 1/2 years of ownership.

2) There are probably over a hundred, but only 15-20 actively post here. We've had as many as 15 (maybe more) at a few of our functions.

3) Paradise

4) Matson and CSX are roughly the same price, 800-900.

5) If you're a white guy, Waianae = bad!

Keep us posted as your arrival gets closer.
Old 05-30-2003, 01:55 AM

i'm chinese haha so my friend from Hawaii is here her name is Cindy Nakashima and she said i kinda look local so i guess thats good but she says i talk like a mainlander so thats bad haha
Old 05-30-2003, 03:46 AM

Cindy Nakashima, sounds familiar. What high school and year did she graduate from?
Old 05-30-2003, 09:00 AM

She is 26 now i'm not sure what school she went to. My main concern with bringing my car there would be if fixed up s2000's get stolen or messed with. Say for example one w/ a kit, rims, ect. ect. How safe is it to drive it to UH Manoa? Please anyone's comments are definatly welcome. Thanks!
Old 05-30-2003, 09:17 AM

Well, UH Manoa might fall into one of my ideas of where I woundn't take an S2000. But then its been a long time since I went there....maybe someone else can comment
Old 05-30-2003, 09:59 AM

Just make sure you have an alarm.
Old 05-30-2003, 10:54 AM

which color s2k from team hybrid do you have? just curious because i have seen on different websites at shows. as far as uh manoa is concerned...get a parking pass! you do not want to park your car on dole st. parking passes are generally over $100 a semester, but its worth ii if you do not want your car broken into by parking on the street. where will you be staying when you come down here? i am an rsx owner but i would be willing to show you around when you come down here. i can take you to all the shops and introduce you to them, and also familiarize you with the island. i am sure your connections back in cali might be better, but at least you will have some local knowledge. i know team hybrid is a very known car club in cali. are you the only one moving down or do u have a gf/wife/family coming as well? look forward to meeting you in the future.

oh yah one more thing...when shipping your car. try and take a majority of your valubles out of the car before shipping like your deck, shift knob, amps, subs or anything else of importance. there is a lot of horror stories from cars that come in off the boat. also i would reccomend taking off any aftermarket wheels and replace with stocks or junk rims. raise your car if possible too to protect the body kit from any damage.
Old 05-30-2003, 01:06 PM

hi

I am in the same situation. 'Cept I have the racial factor working against me becuase I'm white. But it wouldn't be the first time I have been singled out.

About the parking passes. They are now doing a lottery and only currently enrolled juniors, seniors and graduate students can be involved and the cut off for that date was May 9th. Sucks I know. Normally the pass is $134 per semester.

The cash parking losts (there are only two, btw) you pay daily and a gaurd takes the money. But just for future reference, i'll put a link the the web page where all that info is at.

http://www.hawaii.edu/parking/index.html
Old 05-30-2003, 08:10 PM

The racial factor isn't really that much of a problem. It's just that we've developed an ability to joke about things like this and for people on the mainland it can be interpeted too seriously.

Quick Reply: Hopefully moving to hawaii!! Hows the weather over there?!