Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

Holiday Party and Road Rally

Old 10-28-2004, 03:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Holiday Party and Road Rally

rstark has secured the Party Room at his townhouse complex (Hawaii Kai) for us to use for a BBQ. Some of us remember we used this before for a party back in 2001 or 2002. It's a great location with a kitchenette, grills, and a pool.

Our Road Rally leaves Moanalua Gardens between Noon and 1:00, and will end up in Hawaii Kai for relaxation, dinner, a Grab Bag (less than $10) and Prizes!

Soooooooooooo, Ladies and Gentlemen. Start your engines the rally course has been set.

There will be 1 minute intervals between cars at the start. Since we are starting at 12:00 I suggest eat lunch first or a late breakfast. I've designed the course for a restroom break in the middle of the course.

Make sure you have a full tank of gas at the start. A driver and navigator with good humor and patience to work things out. A good compass...good sense of direction works also. A watch or stop watch that will count down minutes and seconds. You can get a rough gauge of your odometer reading by checking it against the Mile Post Markers along the freeway. (Those are the little green signs with numbers on them set about 1 mile apart along the State freeway and highways.)

I really need a head count so I know how many rally course instructions to run off. Any of you mainland visitors who might be in town at this time are always welcome! Sign up for food below:

So far it looks like:

Mice (not rallying since he set up the course)
rstark (not rallying but bringing chicken drumetts)
Darth2k (not rallying but bringing kal bi chicken)
Synergism (not rallying but bringing diced pork)
Colin (Chile )
Pnetr8R (cheese cake and beer)
da_illist_onE (Acura TL) (Manapua & Pork Hash)
Hahnn002
smccurry (what else but Rice?)
Hyper-X (non-alcohol drinks)
Spanky
kobe98 (Some kinda noodles)
808Style (lumpia)
marc2
Old 11-03-2004, 09:55 PM

Anyone?
Old 11-04-2004, 08:29 PM

I polled some of the people who were at the end of our last meet on Oct. 31, 2004 if they were interested in participating in a fun rally. There was a favorable response as this would be different from a cruise. The course has been laid out and in the process to fine tuning it. The Starting point will be from Moanalua Gardens.

I want everyone to know that this rally is not a speed contest, but a contest of driver and navigator skills in observation and navigation. Also by following a written and sometimes cryptic set of directions and clues. YOU MUST OBEY ALL TRAFFIC CODE LAWS! The winner would be determined by the person finishing closest to the correct time and mileage of the completed course.

It will also give everybody something to talk about at the party.

Colin? Steve? Interested? Shall I go ahead with this idea? Let me know.

Old 11-04-2004, 08:42 PM

Sounds like a great idea, as long as there are enough participants to make it interesting, let's guys, the 20th is getting close and we'll need a head count soon!
Old 11-04-2004, 11:42 PM

please count me in for both
Old 11-05-2004, 01:39 AM

Colin, even better than what I was thinking. If you need any help setting up the place or what not, just let me know.

Ralph
Old 11-05-2004, 02:00 AM

Dang, how do you get a Sat off in the car business? lol
Old 11-05-2004, 02:34 AM

Can I come??? I'm also in for both, as long as you guys don't mind having a sedan or two tag along. Rick you in for the cruise?
Old 11-05-2004, 06:17 PM

The wife is gonna be in san diego on the 20th so for sure i'll go...
Old 11-06-2004, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by da_illist_onE,Nov 5 2004, 01:34 AM
Can I come??? I'm also in for both, as long as you guys don't mind having a sedan or two tag along. Rick you in for the cruise?
Lee, glad to see you're coming and I'll finally get to meet you in person. I'm sure they'll let you drive the cruise, I mean you do own a Honda right? I'm tempted to join the cruise, but since this will be at our pool, I'm afraid I'll be helping getting things set up. On second thought, since so many are coming, looks like I have a lot of helpers to help carry things over there from my house.

Quick Reply: Holiday Party and Road Rally