Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

Hawaii vs. Boise: ***Spoiler***

Old 11-20-2007, 03:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hawaii vs. Boise: ***Spoiler***

So is Hawaii good enough to beat Boise?
Old 11-20-2007, 04:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No. UH used up all their luck/miracles in the last three games. They were suppose to lose to Nevada.....

Besides, I gonna have to buy lunch for 5 if they win....
Old 11-20-2007, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by avallach,Nov 20 2007, 03:12 PM
No. UH used up all their luck/miracles in the last three games. They were suppose to lose to Nevada.....

Besides, I gonna have to buy lunch for 5 if they win....

even though i want UH to win, i dont really have faith in them..
Old 11-20-2007, 08:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You gotta admit, though, Graunke and Kelly had some awesome performances. Especially, Kelly. I would've choked in that situation. The kid is a machine.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i hope they win for the sake of my professor's mood but it would be cool if they win!
Old 11-20-2007, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by kikicha,Nov 20 2007, 07:35 PM

even though i want UH to win, i dont really have faith in them..
This is tough one for sure. I think last season they (Hawaii) played Boise before they were ready, and this season they might be playing them too late? They haven't beaten Boise since they (Boise) joined the WAC, but then again, they hadn't beaten Nevada at Reno either. Maybe we'll see the kind of whooping that UH put on BYU a few years back? Nah Its sure to be a close one. On the plus side.....ESPN means High Definition!
Old 11-21-2007, 01:25 AM

when i looked at hawaii's schedule at the beginning of the season i immediately saw how tough the last 3 games of their schedule would be and predicted they would lose one of these games. they somehow managed to squeak by nevada without brennan which was no easy task. that game showed just how vulnerable hawaii's run defense is as nevada was able to pound them on the ground. now boise comes in with a stud running back in ian johnson. if hawaii doesn't shut him down, they will be in for a long night as boise will wear them down with the ground game and eat up the clock. on paper boise looks better than hawaii. after losing early in the season to a very scrappy washington team, they managed to absolutely roll their opponents winning almost every game in a blowout. they were able to kill teams that gave hawaii some trouble. boise is certainly very capable of leaving here with a win, but hopefully the fact that they have to travel away from the smurf turf and play in front of a rowdy homecrowd will have them rattled enough that hawaii will be able to strike early and catch them on their heels. believe me, that stadium will be absolutely rocking as this is one of the biggest games in WAC history and possibly the biggest game ever for the hawaii football program. june knows what's at stake and i'm sure will do everything possible to have his team ready to put on a show on national tv. i like the fact that everyone outside of hawaii thinks boise will this game. the local boys have a lot to prove and this is their chance to do it. i wish i could be in that stadium as i think this will be a really good game. GO WARRIORS!
Old 11-21-2007, 02:10 AM

I'm not really big into the offensive game as I've played defense in my younger years. My POV in order of importance...

Defense - Has to resolve their issue of being able to stop the short plays especially the runs. We have good players but they leave too many holes sometimes. We do have to stick them with a decent amount of blitzes to keep their QB honest. Boise's QB is very good in the pocket and can pass every bit as well as Colt can, but he's no runner. The defense cannot allow the QB to play with confidence. I hope UH has done enough ball-stripping drills before the game happens. Break Boise's QB's confidence and contain the running game.

Offense - No turnovers, don't force the passes into 2x or even 3x coverage. Spread the ball into as many players as feasible. Keep their defense from being able to focus on the main goto players. Keep Colt covered and don't miss your blocks.

Special Teams - We're going to need a miracle or 2 from these guys for sure. Dan Kelly's going to be needed so I hope he's in the zone like last game. On kickoff/punt returns, UH simply needs to run the ball up the best they can instead of constantly trying to see if they can outrun our opponents by running backwards. Run the ball up, hold onto the ball on the way down. Don't try to be a hero every freaking play.

Boise St's QB and Colt are 2 helluva players, I honestly believe that the difference in how well they play will be determined by who has the better defense. TBH our performance against Nevada has me worried.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:58 AM

I was kinda thinking that Johnson will gain his 150 yeards but if we can stop the pass we could still win. I'm worried that we could stuff the run on two downs then give up 20 on the 3rd and 7.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:33 PM

Whos all going? If anyone is going, your more than welcome to join us at our tailgate/get drunk fest.

Boise is no good without the blue field......... But I think we should have a black field.....

Quick Reply: Hawaii vs. Boise: ***Spoiler***