Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

Hawaii Vacation! Things to do?

Old 11-26-2008, 01:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there is good sightseeing on the BigIsland. there isn't much else though. grab an early morning flight to honolulu, spend the day here, and catch the last flight back.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

never said sightseeing was bad. it's possibly the most beautiful island and there is no arguing it's the most diverse. It's only missing 2 or three of all of the worlds climate zones on one island. you can go from desert to rain forest, and negative temps all the way to 100 degrees. Volcanoes that are still erupting lava.. etc etc etc all day long.. but yeah.. not so many people or shopping. haha
Old 11-26-2008, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by istdercollen,Nov 26 2008, 02:42 PM
never said sightseeing was bad. it's possibly the most beautiful island and there is no arguing it's the most diverse. It's only missing 2 or three of all of the worlds climate zones on one island. you can go from desert to rain forest, and negative temps all the way to 100 degrees. Volcanoes that are still erupting lava.. etc etc etc all day long.. but yeah.. not so many people or shopping. haha
yea you can go skiing on the big island as well cant you? all i know is we do our aerial gunnery on the big island at PTA and thats where were doing the big aloha run too
Old 11-26-2008, 03:39 PM

check out the waimea beach here in oahu for snorkling also polynesian cultural center enjoy your stay.......
http://www.polynesia.com/?OVRAW=polynesian...KWID=3246652521
Old 11-26-2008, 03:45 PM

Oh and dont forget to try kahuku shrimps up in northshore maybe grab some pineapples too hahaha.... hey maybe we should all try that one day a roll call drive to kahuku and eat shrimps? what you guys think?
Old 11-26-2008, 04:08 PM

nice im down to eat some skrimps!!!
Old 11-26-2008, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Spooner96744,Nov 26 2008, 04:45 PM
Oh and dont forget to try kahuku shrimps up in northshore maybe grab some pineapples too hahaha.... hey maybe we should all try that one day a roll call drive to kahuku and eat shrimps? what you guys think?
You talking about those little shrimp trucks and stands just past the North Shore... man, if so, I died and went to heaven the dayI found those things... must have eaten there five four or five times... Giovanis (sp?) was one of them... got the hot and spicey... sign on van said "no refunds" on the menu... man, those little suckers were hot!

Oh how I love the islands... looking to move to the Big Island in a few years and never set foot on the mainland again...

Probably no big thing to you guys who call that part of the world home but to me, I don't know, there's something there that won't let me go... I lived on Guam for a few years and to this day never figured out why I left... spent a couple of weeks bouncing around the islands a couple a years ago... it was Guam on steroids... all the islands were off the charts.

Sorry for rambling... planning on making a "shrimp run" in May or June and just had to chime in... can't wait.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:06 PM

[QUOTE=IRS2K,Nov 26 2008, 09:34 AM] Hi everyone!

I'm heading to your great island Hawaii next week.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by KonaMan,Nov 26 2008, 05:45 PM
You talking about those little shrimp trucks and stands just past the North Shore... man, if so, I died and went to heaven the dayI found those things... must have eaten there five four or five times... Giovanis (sp?) was one of them... got the hot and spicey... sign on van said "no refunds" on the menu... man, those little suckers were hot!

Oh how I love the islands... looking to move to the Big Island in a few years and never set foot on the mainland again...

Probably no big thing to you guys who call that part of the world home but to me, I don't know, there's something there that won't let me go... I lived on Guam for a few years and to this day never figured out why I left... spent a couple of weeks bouncing around the islands a couple a years ago... it was Guam on steroids... all the islands were off the charts.

Sorry for rambling... planning on making a "shrimp run" in May or June and just had to chime in... can't wait.
I feel you man, love those shrimps!
Old 11-26-2008, 06:03 PM

KonaMan

You're making me want to take a weekender to the Big Island!

Someone should put you to work at the HVCB (Hawaii Visitors Convention Bureau)

Quick Reply: Hawaii Vacation! Things to do?