Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

Hawaii life style

Old 12-27-2010, 05:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hawaii life style

What's up everyone ...gonna try to make this short, I've lived in cali. my whole life and wan't to move to a different state in the future when the time is right, well alot of us out here have a image of Hawaii being paradise, so I been contemplating maybe moving out there in the future. I plan on going out there for vacation but I'm sure it won't give me a full view of how living out there woul'd be. So just wanted to ask you guy's for your point of view of how the lifestyle is out there, weather, prices on homes, ghetto areas lol, girls ,work, things to do, events, etc. anything you guys find worth talking about.. thanks.. EDIT: if you got any pics...nice,ugly,awesome,ect. Hawaii related please post..
Old 12-27-2010, 08:04 PM
Community Organizer

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

i've had the luxury to live in the phhilippines, japan, hawaii and so cal as a military brat... hawaii has the best weather
you should definitely visit before making the decision. some people get "island fever" because they can't drive anywhere... jk.

the pace of life here is very lax. i mean the max speed limit on the freeway is 55 minus h3 which is 60
as far as things to do, one can hike, fish, surf, body board, snorkel, dive, golf etc. if you love asian food, it's covered
haven't clubbed in a long time, so i couldn't comment about nightlife.
property is very expensive and cost of living is quite high. because of this most jobs do not pay well (approximately 20-30% less).
that's all i can think of right now. i'm sure more will come to mind. gl!
Old 12-28-2010, 09:41 AM

the one thats really horrible in hawaii are the roads..!
i think most of us can relate .... me and my girl just went for a tour south of the island yesterday..! add me on face book and check it out..
not_choo_mama@yahoo.com
Old 12-28-2010, 09:44 AM

here is a picture we took downtown
Old 12-28-2010, 07:30 PM

Yeah had heard life can be expensive out there , but figured it's already expensive for homes out here anyway, just not sure how much more they would be out there ..what's the hottest and coldest weather you guys get..? heard it gets verry humid..
Old 12-28-2010, 07:46 PM
Community Organizer

depending on the area, $/ft^2 ranges from $200 to $500.
typically low 70's for lows and low-mid 80's for highs (slightly different per area)
humidity is around 60-80% but we have usually have trade winds to keep it in check.
by far japan's and florida's humidity are 10x worse here since they have no air changes at all
Old 12-28-2010, 09:18 PM

Wow weather sounds great... ... I can't stand our 110 summer day's..I wait for winter all summer..lol..sounds like paradise in the weather part including all the green .. ..you guys really do have the best weather like I have read in other posts.. too bad about the bad roads though sux for us car people .... btw thanks for the pic s2k cal..
Old 01-07-2011, 08:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I lived there for 6 years and although it was a good time during those years, I would probably never go back.

You have everything you ever need in California and then some. Weather wasn't that great and I lived all over the island of Oahu. Auto crime is up there with most states. What you see on TV is not a good representation of Hawaii. It rained almost everyday. Not for me. It just got old. Some like that kind of weather.

I have lived in Hawaii, Alaska, California, Oregon, Virgina, and Arizona and have to say if I was going to retire which is coming up soon, I would have to say Northern California or Northern Oregon. The thing that blows about California is tax and gun control laws. Oregon it rains half the year but its a cold rain which I can handle. Being used to -10 degrees in Alaska got old but the Summers were some of the most beautiful in the US.

Roads weren't bad either in Hawaii. Not sure many that claim they have bad roads have ever been to some of the mainland states with actual bad roads. Washington state has some of the worst roads IMO.

Cost of living in Hawaii wasn't that high for me. Try the Bay Area. Almost twice as much as Hawaii.

Sorry if my post sounds negative but its just my observation. Its ok to vacation though.

I would really consider looking at other states. What about Florida? Texas? Virgina?
Old 01-07-2011, 10:24 PM
Community Organizer

i beg to differ on the weather. where else can one play outdoor b-ball almost every friday, for 10 years? i guess "crestview" rarely sees rain
also my mom has pretty bad arthritis and my dad had bad knees. the weather here has treated them the best.

if you are a water person, then the islands are where you want to be IMO. the wifey and i are not water people and still find things to do
Old 01-07-2011, 10:37 PM

Pineapples, traffic, and zippies. What's not to love?

Quick Reply: Hawaii life style