Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

gpw spotted

Old 09-13-2004, 07:26 PM
tru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gpw spotted

anyone here? i was going to wait just to see how the hks exhaust sounds but i decide to go in instead.
Old 09-14-2004, 12:01 AM

GPW with HKS exhaust? That is most probably Lee. He doesn't come to this site, though he's been to one of our S2000 meets. "he no speaky English"
Old 09-14-2004, 12:14 AM

that was ME!!!

ah, so it's a HKS exhaust...i had no idea what exhaust it was...does it say hks??? i dont even know...it's pretty loud and drones at times, but sounds pretty cool when you open it up...but i think it'll attract too many cops when revving to 9k ...

your wilwood brakes look cool...and the GF liked your rims...

oh, disregard the sticker on the side windows...it's BENEATH the tint, and previous owner did it...i gotta go and scrape the tint tomorrow, along with detailing the exterior...
Old 09-14-2004, 12:21 AM

OOPS!!

I guess Lee sold his car (?)

So tell me Jayson, is the M3 or the S2k more fun to drive? (I never drove an M3, but I think I know the answer to this one )
Old 09-14-2004, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by smccurry,Sep 13 2004, 10:21 PM
OOPS!!
So tell me Jayson, is the M3 or the S2k more fun to drive? (I never drove an M3, but I think I know the answer to this one )
truth, the S2k is more fun...more smaller, more nimble feeling, cruising with the top down is awesome, and hearing the motor whine to 9k is just NUTZ!!! i shoulda got one sooner...or maybe i'm just more biased now since the s2k is a new toy, and the M3 is too familiar...

the M3 is great too though...nice power band and good torque ...handling isnt as nimble, IMHO...the sense of speed in the M3 is not there, it just hugs the road more, and isnt as "raw" of a sports car...but it does get the job done...different beasts, and i love them both...

and i think i already told you, but i cant wait for my torque monster to arrive in 2006...i have a deposit down for a 06 C6 Z06... rumors report 500hp/500ft lbs, in a 3100lb chassis...
Old 09-14-2004, 01:27 AM
tru

the funny part is the thing i remember most was the sticker cause it was right there when i turned my head. i figured it was someone on here since it have s badges. makes me want to paint my car white too
Old 09-14-2004, 11:08 PM

funny you said "he no speak english"

I was in Waikiki a while back and I came up to this GPW with two Japanese guys in it. Not sure, but I think there was a spugen or.. greddy(?????) sticker on the windshield?? I know.. two totally different stickers. I think I saw another white car with greddy on its windshiled. ANYWAY, I came up on its side and I was saying what's up and if they come onto the website, the guy looks over at me and he is just smiling and kind of nodding his head. Then he starts shaking his head no and just smiling. I think he thought I was proposing a race or something. It took me a second then I was like OOOHH. hahahaha. okay. I just waved my hand and turned the corner and he gave me a 'honk' goodbye. Kind of got me thinking, where do these guys go to hook up there cars if they can't even speak english. The exhaust was pretty loud too. I wonder if its that Lee guy.
Old 09-14-2004, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Synergism,Sep 14 2004, 09:08 PM
funny you said "he no speak english"

I was in Waikiki a while back and I came up to this GPW with two Japanese guys in it. Not sure, but I think there was a spugen or.. greddy(?????) sticker on the windshield?? I know.. two totally different stickers. I think I saw another white car with greddy on its windshiled. ANYWAY, I came up on its side and I was saying what's up and if they come onto the website, the guy looks over at me and he is just smiling and kind of nodding his head. Then he starts shaking his head no and just smiling. I think he thought I was proposing a race or something. It took me a second then I was like OOOHH. hahahaha. okay. I just waved my hand and turned the corner and he gave me a 'honk' goodbye. Kind of got me thinking, where do these guys go to hook up there cars if they can't even speak english. The exhaust was pretty loud too. I wonder if its that Lee guy.
Yeah, that was probably him, but he's Korean. Seems like a nice enough guy, but hard to communicate with him. He had his girlfriend come along and she interpreted for him.
Old 09-15-2004, 12:17 AM

^ does that guy have an 02-03 GPW with tan interior? does he wear glasses? if so, i've seen that guy numerous times around downtown and he was also at the not sponsored cruise a few weeks back. dunno wut exhaust he has cause i never got to talk to him. he seemed kinda anti-social at the time. if thats him, my bad, i never know he didn't speak english too well.
Old 09-15-2004, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by 808style,Sep 14 2004, 10:17 PM
^ does that guy have an 02-03 GPW with tan interior? does he wear glasses? if so, i've seen that guy numerous times around downtown and he was also at the not sponsored cruise a few weeks back. dunno wut exhaust he has cause i never got to talk to him. he seemed kinda anti-social at the time. if thats him, my bad, i never know he didn't speak english too well.
No. He had the red interior; no glasses.

Quick Reply: gpw spotted