Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

A Good Show, Friday night on the H-1...

Old 07-01-2003, 02:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I finished work a bit late and headed home around 7:30pm and ran into a group of "Fast and Furious" looking bunch of cars.

The first indication was that my dashboard was lit up from behind by a crap-load of HID lighting and I noticed a VW Jetta taking the point of the group right behind me. I sped up to move over from the car-pool lane one lane over to let them pass (they were going faster than I wanted to) so they passed me on the left side...

1 Jetta, dropped w/ wheels, some exhaust and dark tint, followed by

a 1.8T GTI w/ a very loud BOV, again dropped, wheels and exhaust, then a

Civic (EG6 series) w/ a nice body kit, dropped w/ wheels, and fart can, trailed by

another Civic (EF Series) armed w/ a super BEEG exhaust-tip (9 inch tip I think... can we say WAVE MOTION GUN???) nah, j/k... then a

Audi A4 1.8T... dropped, wheels and exhaust, aside from that nothing special and

taking the Caboose position was a green Del Sol Turbo and a super loud-@$$ BOV.

I watched them snake in and out of traffic trying to get around a lot of cars prolly headed home like I was or at least to the nearest bar to get hammered. I followed from a good distance as to not appear to be speeding then when we reached the H-1/H-2 divider, I noticed a lot of them slowed down... it wasn't long before I noticed they were following a menacingly black Camaro with some seriously big tires, full roll cage, and a beautifully polished rear-end with an exhaust sounding like how a T-Rex would make while growling on a full stomach.

The Chevy was following a truck pulling a Cuda on a trailer from a good distance that had the plates labeled "CUDA" and that sucker looked EVIL. (I wonder if it's a 426 Hemi... ) The funny part was I watched as to what the F&F group of guys would do and when the Del Sol and the Jetta decided to speed up and pass the Camaro, I heard the Del Sol's BOV as he tried to pass on the left and the Camaro surged forward and made the Del Sol appear to hit the brakes or something, and of course it made such an impressive sound as the 2 cars immediately decided to stay back...

Now that's respect folks.

The turbo B16 sounded like a mouse compared to the Camaro's secondaries opening up. It was a nice show and a good reminder of their standing in the giant food chain.
Old 07-01-2003, 03:34 AM

Great story!
Old 07-01-2003, 09:12 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HAHA
Thats my friends del sol. Its not that fast. 15s in the quarter if that. He has a SOHC motor with a greddy turbo I believe.

Good story. You would have killed the del sol.
Old 07-01-2003, 10:33 AM

i'd be terrified too...
Old 07-01-2003, 09:04 PM

I'd eat up the Camaro....

(if Camaro was a brand of breakfast cereal that I could pour some milk on and enjoy with some orange juice)