Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

Good Food.

Old 02-07-2007, 12:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh yeah, Sushi Bistro (look under Restaurant Shun in the phone book) for all you can eat Shabu Shabu! Service sucks, but there's something neat about an endless plate of steak!
Old 02-07-2007, 12:30 PM

spanky works at la mer.

oh yea, i totally forgot about 12th avenue grill. i love their rib eye. and macaronni and cheese.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:58 PM

I need to qualify here. I've traveled alot and lived in the mainland most of my life. So, my expectation is probably higher than many.

Chinese : Decent Dim Sums can be had in various places: Mandalay and Legends being in my list. As for general dining, basically, it all Chop Suey BS accomodating locales. I cannot think of anything that is worth mentioning. For authentic cuisines, why not pay $300 for a roundtrip airfare to LA and go to Sam Woo's or other places in Monterrey Park, Rowland Heights, or OC?

Mexican : go to TJ or SD. none here worth mentioning. I usually go down to TJ and get my fills of $1 tacos until I'm sick of it.

Italian : It's a tossup for me. I like Assagio's for general fine dining. But, Macaroni Grill is not a bad choice. I've never been to Italy...

Thai : The most authentic place on the island is Yum Thai that is only open during lunch (Bishop + Hotel). Also, in Maunakea Marketplace, there are some authentic thai restaurants. Otherwise, every Thai place taste Chinese or Lao to me. I used to backpack in Thailand and eventually married one, so I kinda know. Again... $300 to LA, go to Thai Town.

Steak : Costco's Ribeye, cast-iron skillet, hot stove.. Otherwise, it's Outback Steakhouse for me.

Soup : Campbell's?? I dunno.

Sandwiches : I used to LOVE Queen's Deli $6 Blackened Mahi Mahi with drink until they closed down. Now, it's subway's $4.79 footlong special of the week.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:17 PM

wow u guys write alot.. here

Italian- ASAGIO'S

steak- CHEESECAKE FACTORY..you wudent belive it BUT. they have a great 48hr marinated steak..idk whats in but i know its a pepercorn steak..its bad a**
Old 02-07-2007, 01:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

12th ave was hit and miss for me. I've been 3 times and only one time was good.

Elicit - i'm very open to any food. Frog legs are the shit. I'm vietnamese, we eat everything...
Old 02-07-2007, 03:20 PM

^the pork chop with the pear is awesome at 12 ave grill. so is the ribeye (when they have it). too bad it's too noisy.

you cannot beat morton's (ribeye/porterhouse)and hy's (ribeye/signature/filet mignon)for a steak. couple that with great service and you will not be dissapointed.

the only thing i like at cheesecake factory is the martinis

the batter fried fish sandwich at pineapple room is really good. so is any sandwich from Fatboy's, pastrami, tuna-tomato, reuben
Old 02-07-2007, 03:23 PM

BTW i just came back from lunch at orchids. awesome beef tenderloin. manhatten clam chowder, a bottle of wine. whew!!

and as for traveling to eat, it's gonna be back to chicago for Alinea and Moto restaurants
Old 02-07-2007, 04:18 PM

Dixie Bar and Grill on Kam in Aiea.......good ribs, steak, crab legs....lots of beer=)
Old 02-07-2007, 04:22 PM

Haleiwa Joe's Seafood Grill in Kaneohe........great prime rib and filet......lots of beer=)
Old 02-07-2007, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by scc01s2k,Feb 7 2007, 03:18 PM
Dixie Bar and Grill on Kam in Aiea.......good ribs, steak, crab legs....lots of beer=)
Awww man, I can make better ribs than Dixie Grill.......

Quick Reply: Good Food.